Car check lights are all on while driving

Jimsun

Reaction score
All the lights doesn't go away when I drive the car. Normally the lights only lights up in the beginning but the moment the engine is running, all the lights goes away.

The car is also not charging. Anyone knows? See vids

https://youtu.be/Hchc0CCSR38

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jimsun

Reaction score
Will the alternator give off those kind of symptom

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
the lights on the dash, yes. another key indicator is that the battery is not being charged. is there any weird noise coming from the engine bay that started recently? i haven't experienced a failing alternator myself, but i've read they tend to make noise when they're close to being kaput.

you could also go by an autozone and they can test it for you while it's on the car still. should be free as well.

Last edited:

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
I've ran my engine without the alt belt before, and every light on the dash was lit up. So, I'd have to agree that your alternator is kaput (or the belt came off).

Jimsun

Reaction score
Here's an update of what I've found. How is this possible. Even though I've connected them temporarily (whatever I had in my car since I'm an electrician) it's still not working so I guess it's the alt?

9c46de77d20415c875e459356b212815.jpg

2110706d7dafac06680e1fe7d38c3cd1.jpg

14d3fd2823f433d7121092e054bfb763.jpg

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
mice like to chew on wires. there was a mouse that made a nest on my bike when i bought it, thankfully he didn't go for any wires though. you might need to solder in some new wire to get a good signal, maybe that's why it's still not working correctly.

Jimsun

Reaction score
The new alternator came in the mail today. Everything checks out. Thanks for the info guys!!

22ec3b4b0f8c6a4a8cbbd367d8a845ae.jpg

dawg316

Reaction score
marettes are ****. they allow so much moisture to get trapped from behind. if you dont wanna solder and heat shrink it ( propper way) then you can get butt crimps with the built in heashrink and dielectrci grease that seals it once you heat it up.

dont use marettes!. once the wires get the green crusties on em. they just continue up the wire and eventualy start rotting it away

Back