Go Back   6th Gen Accord DIY and Performance Forums

Register to remove these ads

View Single Post
Old 05-14-2017, 09:31 PM
Points: 2,330, Level: 13 Points: 2,330, Level: 13 Points: 2,330, Level: 13
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

capsidx is somewhat reliable
Re: Frankensteins Official Thread

I totally agree with everything you said. Too many assists in new cars make the car more in control than the driver . I will admit that OBD2 can be a pain in the soul because of all the sensors. I'm a young guy so performance is important to my ego. No vtec makes for a very non has friendly almost unbearably slow drive. One sensor goes bad and it can cripple your car.

I've never had the pleasure of owning an older car than this but I have heard they handle like boats unless you change out the suspension. Honestly I know there are other cars out there and I want to keep this one forever as it's my first car. Is that realistic? I don't know but what I do know is anything is possible.

The 5 speed transmission is the first manual I've driven and I have to say without vtec it's useless. With vtec you REALLY feel the difference, especially in the 5 mt.

I think the best course for us 6th gen owners is keep up with maintenance, update the interior to make it a little modern to keep up with current technology , ie Bluetooth calling etc.., and once the motor goes, rebuild it and enjoy for another 20 or so years .

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

» Featured Ride
CHECK OUT THIS WEEK'S FEATURED RIDE!