Register to remove these ads

View Single Post
Old 05-14-2017, 09:31 PM
Points: 930, Level: 7 Points: 930, Level: 7 Points: 930, Level: 7
Activity: 64% Activity: 64% Activity: 64%

Rusty Accord is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Frankensteins Official Thread

Originally Posted by capsidx View Post
They both look really clean. I almost forgot what the car looks like without a wing lol. Im not a fan of the gold ones though. For some reason the elderly seem to be driving this exact model and color well below the speed limit without the use of blinkers . Otherwise yours are really clean and well maintained from what I can see. I only wish I had paint like that. How are your engine bays?

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk
Well, I was looking for either a white or a silver Accord when I bought hers. The reasoning behind the light color is so I can see if it's starting to rust. And yes, there are at least 6 other gold 98-02 Accords around town, as I've seen them while out and about. Yes, the elderly seem to like that color, but I think it has more to do with hiding road dirt, as that color does a very good job of hiding it. As for driving below the speed limit and not using blinkers, a gold Accord is not the only vehicles around town that do it. There's plenty of blame to go to other car makes too.
The paint on the gold one is in pretty decent shape (original except the hood). It had been owned by an older person who had trouble getting in/out of the garage, as the corners of the bumpers are scratched down to the plastic, and I replaced (and painted) the hood with a clean Texas hood. It does have it's bumps and bruises though, but it's 17 years old and has 236K miles on it.
As for the 99 DEP green car, all I've done is hit it with some cleaner wax twice so far. I believe it's been partly repainted though (front clip or at least the hood), as there are a couple of "tells" that I can see. Both are fairly clean under the hood as well, and some pics are in my members threads (1 for each car). But, I've been cleaning up the dirt as I go under there.

» Featured Ride
CHECK OUT THIS WEEK'S FEATURED RIDE!