L.E.D. Headlights

J30MAN

Reaction score
I am ordering a variety of LEDs this weekend to swap most of my regular exterior bulbs out. And came across LED 9006 bulbs. I was wondering if anyone on here has LED headlights and what is the quality of light output on them. I was going to see if I could buy a pair and give my H.I.Ds to my dad.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Bad idea man. LED bulbs for headlights are simply running lights/DRL's. To my knowledge an actual LED headlight bulb that will have a suitable output (like high intensity discharge) does not exist yet.

Got a link?

J30MAN

Reaction score
Bad idea man. LED bulbs for headlights are simply running lights/DRL's. To my knowledge an actual LED headlight bulb that will have a suitable output (like high intensity discharge) does not exist yet.

Got a link?

So they would be a good choice if I wanted yellow highbeams that wont blind people??

And yeah, there Ebay so....
LED Headlights

eggs

Reaction score
i know someone who has something similiar to that in his fog lights they illuminate pretty well but i wouldnt recomend them for headlights not enough light output

J30MAN

Reaction score
i know someone who has something similiar to that in his fog lights they illuminate pretty well but i wouldnt recomend them for headlights not enough light output

So I could use these as "DRL"/High beams and not have people flashing me all the time?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
So they would be a good choice if I wanted yellow highbeams that wont blind people??

Yes and no. Yes they won't blind people, but no they won't illuminate the distant parts of the driving environment they way a filament 9005 would. Honestly, the only thing I would even consider getting would be these:
http://www.amazon.com/13511-12-Volt-Plasma-Crystal-100-Watt/dp/B000H3TUE2

Expensive yes, but are great bulbs. I bought the H3's and love them.

Btw, all my exterior lighting uses LED bulbs from VLEDS, and I haven't been disappointed.
http://www.v-leds.com/

metrick1235

Reaction score
Yes and no. Yes they won't blind people, but no they won't illuminate the distant parts of the driving environment they way a filament 9005 would.

Agreed.. You wont have enough light output to be a highbeam or even be considered a low beam..

J30MAN

Reaction score
Yes and no. Yes they won't blind people, but no they won't illuminate the distant parts of the driving environment they way a filament 9005 would.

Agreed.. You wont have enough light output to be a highbeam or even be considered a low beam..

Honestly, what I am looking for is a yellow highbeam that wont blind people, functionality isn't needed.

Back