DIY:OEMish style DRL/Fog light Highbeam area

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
You are not cutting anything here.Simply unplugging and plugging new things in.
You have the same connectors as the rest of us.
Simply Unplug Factory High beam 9005 plug,make the 9006 plug like above.
Plug into the parking light socket and mod a 9006 bulb to fit into the highbeam area.

I dont know if its stupid,but it will loose your Highbeam function..this is mainly for Bi-xenon retro people..so for everyone else that has stock halogen/HID this maybe not be the best way to accomplish this.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
so then the high beam switch has to be activated to run these lights???:boohoo:

No,they are activated with the 1st position of the light switch(parking lights) turned on
then also stay on when full light switch turned on.
your high beam plug will be unplugged and unused=No high beam function

Last edited:

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
updated with 2 night shots..but kind of hard to take pictures of headlights..just colorful blurs..haha

Raul

Reaction score
looks so good! I was wondering if you could answer these questions:

Can I wire my DRL to the lowbeam of morimoto H1 projector and of course the other wire to high beam function?

In that way, I will always have the lowbeam on, no matter day or night. At night time, I should be able to flick the switch once to turn on the parking lights and pull the lever to high beam ppl:kenny:

Then I would wire the high beam 9005 bulbs with fogs. Possible?:coffee:

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
looks so good! I was wondering if you could answer these questions:

Can I wire my DRL to the lowbeam of morimoto H1 projector and of course the other wire to high beam function?

In that way, I will always have the lowbeam on, no matter day or night. At night time, I should be able to flick the switch once to turn on the parking lights and pull the lever to high beam ppl:kenny:

Then I would wire the high beam 9005 bulbs with fogs. Possible?:coffee:

Im sure you could, assuming you have an HID kit..Id say tap into the factory harness(before the HID ballast) and should work just like this. But it wouldnt be really a DRL due to the lowbeams/projector will be on along with them?
If im understanding what your trying to accomplish..

TUBHMOOBVAJ

Reaction score
Looks good and good write up. One question though, are the lights on at full power or just minimum? Can't tell looking at the pictures.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
Looks good and good write up. One question though, are the lights on at full power or just minimum? Can't tell looking at the pictures.

Im gonna assume full power? I dont see how they would be minimum,unless your talking about voltage wise.?

Back