N/A to FI: AFAccord's 10:1 Comp Turbo F23 Build Thread/Restoration

AFAccord

Reaction score

Nom nom indeed. :driving:

nice rods brah

That's what she said...

no? :hide:

Good luck with the build!! Can't wait to see how it turns out. The valve cover looks killer :thumbsup:

Thanks! I'm even more excited about it now myself. Hadn't originally intended to have forged rods and higher compression, but now I'm definitely stoked over the idea. :hihi:

:boink: high comp turbo build ftw. can't wait to see what it puts down.

Don't expect to have this done by the end of the year, but I definitely won't be giving up on this project. I'll keep ya'll up to date as best as I can!

Took the rest of the week off. Went snowboarding today and didn't touch the car at all. Gonna hopefully work on some little things tomorrow between all my other plans this (extended) weekend!

akoutmos

Reaction score
lol at the that's waht she said joke.

Are you planning on running meth injection seeing as it's pretty high comp and boost?

AFAccord

Reaction score
Are you planning on running meth injection seeing as it's pretty high comp and boost?

Not at this point. Looks like E85 is no longer an option either since outside of SC, there are virtually no stations that have it. I've actually been curious as to why Devin feels it's 'necessary' to use meth injection and E85 at his power levels. 400+whp is perfectly attainable on pump gas, at least around here where 93 octane is readily available. I mean, I see the benefits of running E85 with its 105 equivalent rating, but it's certainly not required to run safely. My tuner has guys running 360+ whp D16s on 87 octane with no issues.

AFAccord

Reaction score
New goodies!

PIC_2935.jpg

PIC_2918.jpg

PIC_2914.jpg

PIC_2933.jpg

PIC_2925.jpg

PIC_2924.jpg

PIC_2923.jpg

AFAccord

Reaction score
Doh!! Looks like I was about a week early ordering these. Bisi just announced his custom piston/rod combo for $400 less than what these cost me. :( Hopefully Raceeng will live up to their stellar customer service reputation, and let me return these...

AFAccord

Reaction score
I'm satisfied and confident with the parts I have, but I have a hard time not going for this setup with the upgraded wrist pins, ceramic coating and longer rods (better r/s) for almost $200 less.

There's no official page yet. Found a link on their Facebook page about half way down...

"The long awaited F23 Bisimoto custom steel Long H-Beam rod with Custom
forged piston with your choice of compression ratio and bore size!

Combo for a limited time only $849!

Upgraded wrist pins for 20+psi or high rpm NA setups +$40

Upgrade pistons coatings: Ceramic barrier coatings for the piston crown, and
moly-based friction reducing coatings for the skirt: 4 cylinders only. Takes 4
business days to perform, and yields a 4% improvement in power in addition to
anti-detonation qualities: +$160

Give us a call at 888-922-6686 or email us at [email protected]

Bisimoto Long F23 Steel H-beam rods features ARP2000 bolts, proper oiling holes,
handles up to 800whp with proper tune and supporting parts

Bisimoto Spec forged pistons are manufactured exclusively by Arias Pistons, with
compressions ranging from 9:1 to an astonishing 17.0:1. These specialty pistons
can accommodate up to 3mm oversize valves and strategically lightened to provide
optimal weight savings without compromising strength intergrity. Gains exceeding
8% have been documented with this piston technology in comparison to competitor
shelf units."

By: Bisimoto Engineering

ferron

Reaction score
Your build looks and knowledge is awesome I wish I had garage and more knowledge but Id probably mess everything up so maybe its good i don't lol. Oh yeah and AF PT shorts FTW man i hate those things.

AFAccord

Reaction score
Your build looks and knowledge is awesome I wish I had garage and more knowledge but Id probably mess everything up so maybe its good i don't lol. Oh yeah and AF PT shorts FTW man i hate those things.

Well, I'm diving into a whole new world of knowledge with engine assembly and forced induction. It's been nearly two years since I've done more than a simple oil change on this car, so I'm having to relearn many tasks that used to be common sense to me.

And yeah, these shorts need to go away. For the price they charge, we should be getting Under Armor brand gear...

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Jason, I may have to go with BISI's offer for my build soon... That is priceless - forged rods (who are they made by for BISI?), arias ceramic coated pistons, with upgraded wristpins, AND the sought-after ARP bolts for the rods installed! Killer package. I may have to post up my current CP pistons for sale..

Back