Removing Front Badge

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
On my coupe, do I need to remove the front bumper to get to the emblem? I know it's super close to the airbag sensors, and I'd rather not those go off, but I can take off the negative terminal of the battery.

I'm getting new ones, so would I need to take off the entire bumper, or can I separate the grille from the bumper without the bumper coming off?

xJx

Reaction score
My emblem had only been attached with glue yours might also but I think some are screwed too.

As for removing the grill. You just remove the top plastic screw rivet clips that are on top of the grill when you have the hood opened. Then there are some regular screws all the way underneath the grill across from the radiator that you will need an angled screw driver for to get out.

You don't need to take the bumper off to remove the grill although it might be easier to access the screws underneath the grill to remove it if you want to do it that way but I'm not sure. I myself did not take the bumper off.

Hope this makes sense :ughrun:

Last edited:

uhhkilleez

Reaction score
Some glue on, mine had two screws on the back. I just used a real short phillips with a normal size tip and reached back in there.

If you can't find a screwdriver like that, taking off the bumper would be the easiest, just four or five clips along the top of the grill, and a bolt on each side next to the fenders.

So-Cal98'

Reaction score
It takes me about 2 minutes to remove the bumper since im missing a lot of those ***** clips underneath ... :jae:

right? who isnt missing those god forsaken plastic pop-rivet thingys :furious:

i think mine might be glued on too.. since i dont see anywhere to take it off from the back.. BUT it might be like the back where it is like a "peg and hole" application. (where you just pop it in)

LeAccord

Reaction score
Lol they're the worst. They're actually known as bumper/fender clips or bitch clips ..

Honda has a tool to easily remove them .. but for $29.99 that's a rip off to me

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Am I the only one that doesn't have a hard time with the clips? Use a good flathead screwdriver. Or get yourself one of these.

upholstery-clip-tool-gn-25313-mc_7619.jpg

Back