Register to remove these ads

View Single Post
Old 02-06-2018, 06:23 PM
Points: 3,153, Level: 16 Points: 3,153, Level: 16 Points: 3,153, Level: 16
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

datechboss101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Life in university

Originally Posted by BlkCurrantKord View Post
Pay attention, learn fast, and realize that no one is going to hold your hand. If you need help, use the tutoring services available through the university.
I have been using tutoring, and it does help me understand things alot better than just the lectures and the text book (e-book at times).

Originally Posted by DarkSideAccord View Post
get a job as a computer lab assistant... u get to study while getting paid $$$
I was looking at this option and its on one my choices on how I should earn money and pay off my student loans and credit card debt because why not start my credit history a bit early...

Originally Posted by Nam1911a1 View Post
If you want to get good grades the standard for studying is two hours of studying for every hour of class.
So, basically, I should study at least 4 hours for a 2 hour class per week?

Originally Posted by Rusty Accord View Post
That, and lots of notes. I had 1 class that was basically a 2 hour lecture(met twice a week for 4 hours total). Anything talked about, and written on the chalkboard or dry erase board (we switched rooms a couple of times) was on the test. The girl sitting next to me didn't take notes at first (like I was), but after the first test she was taking them. We might have had a "class book", but the instructor bounced around in it so much that I barely opened it the entire semester (relying on my notes). I ended up acing the class due to good note taking.
I never took notes and this semester (I'm dual enrolling in a college while in high school, a common practice found in Florida education system) I started to and it does help alot. The only thing is that I am scratching my head around on how to take notes, like format style and whatnot, as I am using my laptop now to take notes instead of my iPad mini 1G (entire screen has cracks).

» Featured Ride
CHECK OUT THIS WEEK'S FEATURED RIDE!