Register to remove these ads

View Single Post
Old 02-06-2018, 07:27 PM
Points: 3,052, Level: 16 Points: 3,052, Level: 16 Points: 3,052, Level: 16
Activity: 19% Activity: 19% Activity: 19%

datechboss101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Life in university

Originally Posted by kn0x47 View Post
get to know your adviser and/or department chair and ask them a lot of questions. ie, if you get a poor grade in a class and you want to retake it will they average the two grades together or replace it completely? If there's an "emphasis" or specialty focus (basically a certain group of electives) offered as part as your degree, then ask if that will be written on your diploma. I got screwed on both of those issues cause i didnt find out the correct answer till it was too late. You might be surprised how much easier things can be if you understand how the "system" works

i know you want to graduate quickly but i'd highly recommend a coop or internship. Companies want people with experience even from a college grad. Even if a job offer states "0 years experience required" they still do want someone with experience.

Did you get your associates from the community college? I ended up transfer to a 4 year college before finishing at the junior college and had to take more core classes. The year i took my last core class i found out that if had i transferred the 1 class credit i needed back to the junior college then i would have gotten my associates and wouldn't have had to take any core classes at the 4 year college. (so about a year of college was wasted)

be friendly, get to know your classmates, and join any study group you can with your classmates. It'll probably take up more time of your day doing that but in the end you should understand and remember the material better than studying by yourself.

what are you going to FIU to study?
I'm going to study medicine, which will tact me on an addition 8-10 years of school and training for my specialty within medicine, after my 4 years of undergrad. I haven't gotten my AA as I start dual enrolling this school year.

I might also do some internships since I do also plan on double majoring (IT might be my 2nd major). I tried the group studying thing in college last semester, and I found out that nobody wants to do that, which kinda screwed me up a bit, as I do learn best in a group.

» Featured Ride
CHECK OUT THIS WEEK'S FEATURED RIDE!