DIY:OEMish style DRL/Fog light Highbeam area

Raul

Reaction score
In states/provinces where DRLs are must, I noticed benz, rovers, audis with HID projectors on as DRLs. thats wht i wana do...

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
In states/provinces where DRLs are must, I noticed benz, rovers, audis with HID projectors on as DRLs. thats wht i wana do...
then yes im assuming they will work,but agan you will have both these and headlights on if you tap into the headlight power source.

I meant wattage so it won't blind people like how normal high beams will.
I converted them to 9006 for that reason.they are technically normal lowbeam power,I chose Hyper yellow due to its best in fog and rain..so I made them Into Fogs more than DRL.
there stage 1,OEM 55watts bulbs.If aimed properly,Dont see any issues.but some people are very annoyed with oncoming lights and flash you regardless.

Mr. HuMpY

Reaction score
dumb question but how did you get the 9006 bulb fit the 9005 socket on the high beams??

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
^very good question sir.
You have to sand down the 1st ridge of the bulb.then slide down the o-ring back.and it fits..takes 5seconds to do with a dremal.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
9006-bulb.jpg

quick example since i didnt take pictures of that.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
hmmm that sounds easy.

thank you sir:omgbd:

very easy,just push the oring down or take it off and you will see the top rib im talking about.pretty much the top rib thats holding the o-ring in place..then once done put back on but put it on the very bottom instead.

Ofnir107

Reaction score
Lame...I just realized I can't to this. :doh: Originally, I was thinking of doing this to have DRLs. But then if I decide to run my fogs at the same time as my headlights, I'll technically have three sets of lamps running at the same time...which would be illegal IIRC. Unless I can figure out how to run a switch to toggle them on and off. Oh well, I'll try to think of something...

Back