f23.Tetsusaiga, 99' Lx Sedan (56k)

f23.Tetsusaiga

Reaction score
Hey f23.Tetsusaiga here, finally hit my 1-week mark so I can now post pictures! Figure I'd start here and also post in my new member thread. Thanks in advance for looking and commenting! :happy107:

Engine/Performance:
- AEM SRI
- Apexi WS2 Catback Exhaust System

Suspension:
- Koni Yellow & Ground Control, Rates: 600/550 F/R (CURRENT)
- Eibach Sportline Springs (PREVIOUS)
- KYB Excel G (gr2) Shocks (PREVIOUS)
- Eibach 23mm RSB (w/ moog endlinks)
~ Moog Endlinks on stock front bar with Polyurethane bushings

Interior:
- Cipher Racing Seats & Brackets (Driver and Passenger)
- OEM Shift Knob (CURRENT)
- NRG Stealth Baton Shift Knob (PREVIOUS)
- Megan Racing Short Shift Adapter
- Kenwood Dock
- Honda Floor Mats (Driver and Passenger)

Cosmetic:
- 17x7.5" Drag DR-31 Wheels
~ Wrapped in 225/45/17 Yokohama YK580's
- Plasti-Dipped Rear Honda Emblem
- De-badged model/trim lettering
- Spyder Tail Lights (PREVIOUS)
- Red Clear DEPO Tail Lights (CURRENT)
- Spyder Projector Headlights
- 6k HID Conversion Kit
- Limo Tint Rear
- 25 or 35% Tint in front [TAKEN OFF : ( due to fix it ticket]

Future Plans!

- Replace FSB Endlinks with Moog (Of course!). (ACCOMPLISHED)
- In a couple months Koni Yellow and Ground Control! (ACCOMPLISHED)
- Red Clear Taillights (ACCOMPLISHED)
- Different Racing Seat
- Steering Wheel
- Different Headlights
- Turbo @ 8psi with stock motor! Currently looking at T3/T4 Turbo (Set to 8psi until rebuild of engine) but may want more than 475hp so any advice definitely encouraged!
- Rebuild motor with forged internals
- Different Wheels
- Progress RSB
- Body kit
- Paint

MY CAR CURRENTLY (10.6.15) w/ Koni/GC:

UPDATE
Just got my Koni/GC in today, shipped directly from GC! Spring Rates 600/550 F/R I will post a more detailed review and of these and my current set up in the Suspension Review Thread after I get them installed. I'm hoping to get them in this week or next!

[UPDATE 1.5.16]

Just finished installing my new Acura TL Strut Bar. I just took it out for a quick spin and felt a small but noticeable difference in hard cornering and cruising in a straight line. I'm happy with it!

Thanks again!

-Avery

Last edited:

snydas1987

Reaction score
very nice mate, look forward to the turbo mod. So you'll be running that turbo on a completely stock motor for the first while??? i myself had been thinking of going turbo but stance , suspension, wheels n brakes will be first, then interior changes(just race wheel, shifter setup to prelude-auto, gear n handbrake boot, race pedals). But it would just top off the sweet ride the accord already bis by boosting it. Plus i dam love the look of a big intercooler sitting in your front bar, looks hot as i recon. lol

f23.Tetsusaiga

Reaction score
Thanks Snydas!

Yeah, that's my plan! After I redo my suspension in a couple of months I'll begin building the turbo because I want more power! But I want a turbo that will fit my needs/wants, such as: reliability and lots of power! But I'll keep it at 8psi so I don't blow the motor. Once the turbo is in I'll begin saving for the rebuild so I can crank up the psi and make more power! My main reason to do this is to just see continual growth and progress, and also to build driving skills and reward my self with upgrades! I'm still learning about cars and I just want to go slow and steady because it's not my profession, it's my hobby, and it's primarily for enjoyment.
But yeah! I know what you mean, intercooler looks nice! While my car is daily driven if I got an intercooler I'd want it to be black so it's more sleeper, but I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get there :cheers:

james'99

Reaction score
Nice car! Reliability is my greatest concern always when it comes to mods like easy. Take it slow and you'll get there!

f23.Tetsusaiga

Reaction score
Thanks James, I appreciate it!
Yes, definitely! Reliability is a very big concern of mine too!

Man, the journey is fun!

Walerok94

Reaction score
Nice ride man funny thing is that I have those headlights on their way for my car and they look nice. CARid?

f23.Tetsusaiga

Reaction score
Thanks Walerok,

Yep, got them from CARiD. However I must warn you. I'm on my second set of them. One side of the halos stopped working a few weeks after having them. I had them professionally installed too, which I would strongly advise you to do. I had to jump through hoops to get them to send me out another set. At first they wanted me to send them out my set then when they got them they would send me the new set. My accord is my dd so that was out. The next option was to have a hold the same amount as I paid until I sent back the faulty ones. This was like a month and a half process. Not to mention many trips back to my pro installer to have me "switch" the lights, take photos for proof, etc. I now have the new set installed and the old set boxed up waiting to be sent back. I'm just waiting for them to send me the return label.
I write this not to bash CARiD or the manufacturer, Spyder, but to just warn you what I experienced. I have bought many parts from carid without a problem and they are not scratched out of my life completely. I will just be more cautious what I buy from them. This is my only negative experience with them. But in the end, they sent me out a new set (while my set is still on) without charge or hold and I'm happy about that.
In the comments section I read 1 or 2 other people had the same problem, but everything else was good so I got them, and I do like them don't get me wrong. I just think it's my responsibility to share my experience. Be cautious now and in the future, but I hope you like the headlights, I do.
I hope this helps.

-A

Walerok94

Reaction score
Wow thanks crossing my fingers now hopefully I don't have to go through that, sounds like a hassle.

Back