my 98 sedan has 158,xxx on it.
engine light and maintenance light are on though =/
need to get it checked out

paypalbid

Reaction score
my 98 sedan has 158,xxx on it.
engine light and maintenance light are on though =/
need to get it checked out

maintenance light is normal its based on the computer preset interval, doesnt mean something is wrong with the car. just need to be reset by holding donw the trip meter reset button/stick before you turn on the ignition to start the car and continue to hold the button for 15 seconds.

As far as the engine check light. Unless you have some serious transmission issue its likely to be an O2 sensor or a catylitic converter. This is all based on my knowlege of owning the same car for 11.5 years and alot of DIY projects.

98ACCORDLXSD

Reaction score
Im at 218,600 KM or 135,831 Miles. T belt is due to be done and I do oil changes every 4000 KM or 2500 Miles, I'm due for a new motor, just because I'm having IACV issues, Vacuum issues, starting to loose power bad, plus I need a new distributor and well a whole newer engine only costs 700$ and I don't feel like spending anymore money on the motor. I just want to keep it running till I can finish my other motor.

Truejello

Reaction score
98 I4 sedan, 138K, usually put about 1K a month...driving her into the ground, hopefully good maintenance keeps her running long

Back