DIY - Morimoto Mini H1 projectors Retrofit

juicebox00

Reaction score
So this is a DIY for the morimoto projectors retro fit purchased from www.theretrofitsource.com
P1010263-1.jpg

P1010281.jpg

P1010258.jpg

P1010282.jpg

Difficulty: 6.5/10

Time: 5+ hours

tools/ supplies:
belt sander(preferred) and or dremel
assortment of screw drivers
chisel
oven/heat gun
silicone

Step 1: Take off the bumper and remove the headlights from the car. then take them apart either using th oven method or a heat gun. and if you can't do that w/o pictures you shouldn't be attempting this retro fit.

oven method i use: preheat oven to 325. put a damp towel on the rack and bake for 5 minutes. while using gloves, lift up all the little tabs w/ a screw driver and then pry apart the headlight from the top using a flat head screw driver.

they'll look like this
P1010218.jpg

Step 2: now remove the little light reflector in the reflector bucket using a Philips screw driver.
it'll be the small screw pictured here
P1010253.jpg

and this is the piece that shall be removed
P1010217.jpg

Step 3: now take your projector and remove the 3 little screw holding the bracket on the back and also remove the bracket
P1010215.jpg

Step 4: take the projector and put the end if it into the low beam housing so that it's in the reflector bucket
P1010243.jpg

I didn't hook up the high beam part of the projector so i tool the wire and stuck it in the hole left by the light reflector.

then you'll want to secure the projector using this piece and have it held on like so. use a needle nose plier to tighten the projector on and make sure it is straight and level
P1010245.jpg

P1010231.jpg

I suggest you put the 3 little screws and bracket back on and also(after checking to make sure they work) put the bulbs in.
P1010240.jpg

Step 5: Next is to make the projector shroud fit into the reflector bucket. I used a belt sander to evenly fit it in. This is a step where you'll just need to keep touching it up until it fits properly into the bucket and sits far enough back to be able to close the headlight. You could also use a dremel for this part but it will make the job 5x more tedious.
P1010220.jpg

P1010221.jpg

P1010228.jpg

also, make sure your belt isn't 10years old so it doesn't snap on you. (always wear gloves and safety glasses too)
P1010247.jpg

eventually you'll get it to fit well, and you can test it by putting on the front 1/2 to see if it fits.
P1010234.jpg

A problem you may run into is that the black housing (part you paint when black housing a headlight) may bump up against the shroud. in order to fix this problem i used a chisel on the spot on the shroud the housing was bumping up against so that it would have a grove to fit into.
P1010237.jpg

Another option is to trim the housing piece like presented here from another member:
img0377ej.jpg

img0455zf.jpg

Step 6: Now take the should out and clean everything off. for this i used an air compressor and a micro fiber towel. once it is all shiny put the shroud back on and reseal it. I used a heat gun to head up the rubber cement compound and after squeezing the headlight together, i used the silicone to make an extra ring of protection around the headlight.

now you're done.
P1010256.jpg

Just put them on the car and if you need to re-adjust them, just do it as if it were regular bulbs in the housing.
P1010272.jpg

P1010278.jpg

DIY for the full function of Bi-xenon made by 1NonlyAccord
http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34744

Last edited:

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
awsome..Much easier than TSX retro..ha Where did you purchase the projectors?
are those the minigun shrounds or w.e gun shrouds?
ya any better cut off pics of both on the car?

juicebox00

Reaction score
how do these look at night? any chance to get any pics?
the cut off is okay, it's not on my car so i can get any pics atm but i'lll have some pics next week

idk where to get them, you'd have to pm jwong512 for info on where to buy and shroud info. and pics next week

Edit: purchased from www.theretrofitsource.com

Last edited:

98acclude

Reaction score
this is what I've been waiting for! :D thank you thank you!!! :D you helped with my fogs and now my future retro!! rep rep rep!!!

err wait a min... how do I rep ppl again?

Last edited:

jwong512

Reaction score

I purchased them from www.theretrofitsource.com. I talked to Matt there and he hooked me up with a deal. Morimoto Projectors + 5000K Morimoto H1 Bulbs + Premium Apollo Shrouds + Free Shipping for $160. It's one hell of a deal as they usually go for $185 without shipping. At the moment, the headlights aren't aimed properly and we haven't had time to fix that so we should get some better cutoff pics next week :). And thanks to Juicebox00 for all the help!! :D

Back