J30a1

MATTAV6

Reaction score
Dose any one have any ideas about moding a J30A1 Engine
picture.php

1fastj30a1

Reaction score
Intake, UR pulleys. Not sure sure if modding this engine is worth it much really.

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
thanks for the picture, i'd forgotten what one looks like....

if you really want to get power out of the motor first things first you should swap the transmission, since that is by far the weakest link

TheHunter

Reaction score
It's been beat to death on both here and v6performance.net, but I'll give you some hints anway. Intake/exhaust/headers.... will mod it, but not really give you much power. Pulleys will give you a little, cl-s cam gears can give you a little... basically going N/A you can't make a lot. If you put all of those things in, and get a Unichip tuned for your parts, you might make 50 whp. *cues bashing of people saying you wont make jack*

Like CrsCntry said, the tranny is BY FAR the weakest link. I did a 6 speed swap, and it's not even the same car at all. Without the special wiring harness, I don't have vtec, and my rev limiter is at about 4300 rpm.... and its still faster than it was before.

Other than that, going forced induction will give you the biggest gains, you can hope to make a maximum of... 75 or so whp with a supercharger and an auto tranny.

Basically, the most power would be to change your engine. :)

1fastj30a1

Reaction score
Oh he said he already has intake btw. You can sorta see an sri or cai in the pic too.

J32 swaps are popular, you should go for that.

slowaccord

Reaction score
with a supercharger u can make about 100 more whp. but its kind of decietful. without cooling you can only make that 100 whp 2 or threee times before heatsoak will rob you of 20-30 whp.

Otherwise this motor is a POS with the worst gains of probably any v6 on the planet.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Forget pulleys, cams, etc. As a J30 driver myself, I hate to say it but there is no point in modding this engine until you do a tranny swap first...that is, if you want to notice a difference.

It is a harsh reality my friend...but true as most everyone has said. Keep looking for a tranny.

Back