Sino's 1999 Accord EX Sedan 5MT (56k)

kn0x47

Reaction score
I've finally found an example of a vinyl wrap using this color. Way darker than I thought it'd be but that's absolutely gorgeous.

http://www.bmwcoop.com/2015/12/09/m...rkz/midnight-blue-f82-bmw-m4-by-wrap-workz-1/

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

it only looks that dark because it's inside a building.

Here's Arlon's Midnight blue
Arlon%20midnight%20blue%20metallic2_zpswxjjukqj.jpg

Arlon%20midnight%20blue%20metallic_zpstuqa5qc2.jpg

and here's Oracal's midnight blue
Oracal%20Deep%20Blue%20Metallic2_zpsbe0w5qzg.jpg

definitely a nice color

kn0x47

Reaction score
Midnight-Blue-F82-BMW-M4-by-Wrap-Workz-3.jpg

Look at the brightness of the blue around the reflections of the lights and that's how it should look under direct sunlight. and then yeah, it'll look darker depending on light conditions. Normally mine looks very blue but when the sun hits it around sunset it turns almost teal

Sino

Reaction score
Makes sense. It looks fantastic. My car would need some minor body work done before I can even think about doing it, so it's a back burner thing for now. In the meantime I'm about to start helping my brother wrap his E30, so I'll get some experience working with the stuff.

Pardie

Reaction score
Honestly I like the look of the bmw. It's pretty much black except for the spots where the light reflects off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sino

Reaction score
Like Kn0x said I don't think it'll be that dark in natural light. It'll probably still be a blue, albeit a really dark blue, even away from reflection spots. In any case, I'm sold on that color if I ever do a vinyl wrap.

Sino

Reaction score
Every once in a while I brainstorm the idea of one day swapping in an H22A4 and making sure it's completely legal. No small task. The biggest hurdle seems to be the ECU. Finding the '96 OBD2 ecu with no immobilizer is like the holy grail, and I'm not completely sure, if, when using the ECU with immobilizer, the accord keys are compatible with the Prelude immobilizer.

There's also lots of mention of rewiring things like distributor and IACV but I'm not sure why you wouldn't just use everything from the prelude and transplant the complete unit.

It's all academic, I've got no immediate or near future plans to do something this involved, but I find it a fascinating thought exercise.

Sino

Reaction score
Video demonstrating the 3rd brake light flasher. Doesn't show it but one of the programmed options I set was to require 3 seconds downtime after braking before it'll flash again. I tried to set the flashing speed and count to not be obnoxious, and definitely not give someone a seizure lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaPDpwvNClQ

Steadycrusin401

Reaction score
Sino, I have to say your projects are super clean. If you need help with your H swap someday let me know. I swapped a h23a into mines.

Sino

Reaction score
Sino, I have to say your projects are super clean. If you need help with your H swap someday let me know. I swapped a h23a into mines.
Thanks man, I try to keep it more or less stock looking.

H23A is the Japanese one right? How do you get that through inspections?

Back