High Mileage 6th Gens

Connie

Reaction score

It's at 421286 now. In KM though. Only on its second transmission. Not bad for a J30!

EDIT: it may actually be much higher, the cluster in the car when I got it was completely dead, and it was imported from the us so I have no mileage history to go by. I realize this is a 4cyl sedan cluster, but I assure you car is a V6 coupe. Cluster had 141000km when installed a little over 2 years ago. I drive a LOT.

Last edited:

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
211K here. No leaks. Just tuned her up and the F23 is running strong. It will accelerate smoothly from 25mph even in 5th gear turning 7-800 rpm and doesn't shake. I mean it will shake if you apply too much throttle and lug the engine but if you ease it the engine will pull and accelerate. This is my first CG and I bought it last week. Its a DD work car. Gets great gas mileage.

capsidx

Reaction score
I'm coming up on 180,000 and most of the parts are original. Original alternator, head gasket has never been changed, original power steering pump and motor. Basically all I've changed is the brake pads, a rear brake line and a map sensor. All those went out around 160,000 minus the brake pads. Car still runs great , I cleaned the intake manifold and it's pretty quick off the line for what it is. Still amazing on gas, I could go on but we all know how reliable this car is :)

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
I'm coming up on 180,000 and most of the parts are original. Original alternator, head gasket has never been changed, original power steering pump and motor. Basically all I've changed is the brake pads, a rear brake line and a map sensor. All those went out around 160,000 minus the brake pads. Car still runs great , I cleaned the intake manifold and it's pretty quick off the line for what it is. Still amazing on gas, I could go on but we all know how reliable this car is :)

By clean the intake manifold what do you mean? You took the manifold off and cleaned the whole inside? Or did u just clean the throttle body?

I remember cleaning the throttle body on my 4.0 v6 '98 explorer. There was quite a bit of build up. Throttle response went up 100%.

capsidx

Reaction score
I was in the process of doing something I dont remember what but I looked inside the manifold and was horrified to see a black sludge coating the walls of the manifold. I took it off the car (which was fun :squintrun:) and cleaned the whole plenum and the manifold itself. I ruined three wire brushes which is what I had at the time. I was actually able to spin the tires after that :henry: . The throttle response is instant as well :)

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
Bringing this up to the top.
Well, my 99 F23A4 5 speed Accord LX sedan has 232,000+ miles on it, but I just got it in October (I'm still working on it's 1st tank of gas, as I need to drop the rusty fuel tank). My wife's 2000 F23A4 Accord LX sedan with AT has 235,000+ on it, and we've had it since November of 2014. Both cars came to us with unknown maintenance, and got timing belts right away, along with tires. My 5th gen Accord LX F22B2 w/5 speed sedan has 235,000+ miles on it as well, and is still in service. I got it almost a year ago. The 5th gen's 5 speed and my wife's 2000 sold me on trying to find a 6th gen with a 5 speed, as I love the body style of the 6th gen sedan.:)

Gradfien

Reaction score
I have 2 accords my 99 is tan and has 254,000 on the odometer, but the engine's vin and the car's vin dont match my 98 green accord has 205,000 but i put in an engine and trans from a car that had 230,000 miles 8,000 miles ago.

I sometimes wonder what the previous owner of my 99 did to it. When I bought it, it needed a manual transmision and the engine had already been replaced.

At the shop I work at, Ive seen two different 6th gen accords with over 300,000 miles.

Last edited:

robc1989

Reaction score
My 2001 Coupe V6 has 245k miles. It still has the original engine and transmission. No problems what so ever. I think it still has the original timing belt too lol jk.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^Nice. When I see posts like this it makes me wonder if my auto would still be going today since it was working fine when I took it out at 133k.

Back