I NEED HELP ASAP!!!!!!!!i!!!!!!

Spyder

Reaction score
I'm wiring up my CD player right now and I have a problem. I'm going off of the write up that was stickied in the D-I-Y forum.

1st quick ? is there 2 thing that were supposed to plug into the back of my stock tape player. There's 2 slots, but I can't remember if I unplugged 2 things or not cause I only see one in that abyss in my dash.

Now I'm soldering everything to the existing wires in the dash and I'm using the wiring diagram from installdr.com and from my manual.
So far I have the left front and rear, ground, and right front done. Now the wiring diagram on installdr shows that the right rear is a brown and white wire and a red w/yellow. Well the other problem is that the 12v ignition wire is yellow w/red and I only have 1 red & yellow wire and it looks to be twisted in the harness with the brown and white. So which one is the 12v ign wire?

Also on installdr they say the 12v battery wire is white w/yellow. I HAVE NO WHITE w/yellow wire at all!!!!!

I have a white w/red stripe wire that goes to nothing
I have a white w/green strip wire that goes to nothing
And I have a red w/black stripe that goes to nothing

I need help asap cause I'm finishing this up tommorrow AM
so in brief summary
#1. Is there more than 1 harness that was supposed to go on the back of my tape deck.
#2. Which wire is the +12volt Ignition wire?
#3. Which wire is the +12volt Battery wire?

ryon527

Reaction score
man I am confused. Did you cut the plug off the wiring harness?

djpm05

Reaction score
Radio 12v
white/green
+
radio harness

Radio Ground black - radio harness
Radio Ignition white/red + radio harness
Radio Illumination red/black + radio harness
LF Speaker +/- blue/green - gray/black +,- radio harness
RF Speaker +/- red/green - brown/black +,- radio harness
LR Speaker +/- blue/yellow - gray/white +,- radio harness
RR Speaker +/- red/yellow - brown/white +,- radio harness

Phut

Reaction score
did you cut the OEM harness? i don't quite understand what you're saying.

Spyder

Reaction score
I sure did.
Here's the pic of my cut harness. I left enough to solder or crip in case I had to reinstall the tape player. I soldered the harness for my 8443 directly to the OEM harness.
3159_35.jpg

djpm05

Reaction score
I always thought it was funny that somehow shop's charge you like $20 for a harness that makes their job easier.

:)

Spyder

Reaction score
I know right. I saw that I could buy one of those and it would've cut my install time dramatically, but I wanted to learn how to solder and this was my excuse to try. :D
If I have to put the stock tape player back in though it's only getting crimped.

retroshark

Reaction score
i used to solder, but now i use crimps. its much quicker, and as long as you get it reall tight, it works fine for minor stuff.

Back