Register to remove these ads

View Single Post
Old 03-24-2017, 04:17 PM
Points: 2,310, Level: 13 Points: 2,310, Level: 13 Points: 2,310, Level: 13
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Rusty Accord is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Enne's 1999 Accord LX sedan 2.3 L - Selene

Originally Posted by Enne View Post

Though, the other person hitting me was a different story.

An old lady was sitting there in that 2008 Civic.

Ugh.

When she figured out that she had actually hit me and not just gone around, she tried to accuse me of hitting her car. With my wheel well, apparently. There was black transfer on her outside right front bumper, and scrapes on my car from the side of the rear bumper up to the rear left door. Pretty easy to tell who did what, but they persisted to their insurance company that it was my fault. This lady clearly did not know how insurance works, because she was saying I'd have to pay her $250 deductible and for the repairs. I work at a large insurance company, so I kept my mouth shut and let her accuse me of the damages. I called my company and filed a claim too. With a photo of the damage to my car.

A few days later, her insurance sent an adjuster out, and after a few phone interviews they accepted liability. And hopefully that lady learned her lesson about how insurance works, and how lying to them is not a good thing to do.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I wonder if her kids made her take a vision test when she went to renew her drivers license? You drive around town, and look at the "rolling wrecks" and wonder to yourself how did they do that? Like I said, my wife's car has all 4 corners scraped up, and it's not from her (damn PO's).

» Featured Ride
CHECK OUT THIS WEEK'S FEATURED RIDE!