Sirius satellite radio sounds horrible

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
whitey2kaccord said:
What size and generation, and how much are you wanting to get for it?
its a 10gb 3rd gen. as for price, i was thinkin somewhere around 150. it seems to be an average ebay price cause ive got all the original packaging, the usb dock kit, and an iskin (blue). id have to make a run home for the box and stuff, but thats not a huge deal cause i need other stuff anyway. its in great shape, nothing wrong with it. theres the usual scuffs and stuff, but the iskin really protects it. i can get you pics with my old camera now, or wait till the end of the week when i get my ac adapter and 1gb memory stick for my new one. otherwise i was planning to sell it on campus, with ebay as a last resort. let me know what you think.

and sticking to the original topic, have you had a chance to find the problem yet, ryon?

ryon527

Reaction score
no I haven't worked on it yet. I'll do it on friday or saturday the latest. here's a pic.

905778_30_full.jpg

I took apart the faceplate and painted it black, the headunit used to be all chrome. The starbase is mounted on a piece of painted plexi. I want to punch or laser out a piece of metal at work and have the starbase sunk in but this is good enough for now.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
yeah dude, i think it looks good as it is. the black faceplate looks hot. i kinda want to do it to mine. i ordered the lower model non-premier so it would be black, but the dude upgraded me for free...no complaints here. the silver just looks off in the car imo. i think yours is one of the best satellite radio receiver integrations ive seen. i hate it when people just stick it anywhere :blech:

ryon527

Reaction score
ryan s said:
yeah dude, i think it looks good as it is. the black faceplate looks hot. i kinda want to do it to mine. i ordered the lower model non-premier so it would be black, but the dude upgraded me for free...no complaints here. the silver just looks off in the car imo. i think yours is one of the best satellite radio receiver integrations ive seen. i hate it when people just stick it anywhere :blech:

thanks, yea i didn't want to mount the starbase any lower because i don't want to be distracted too bad. I already almost rear ended someone because I was messing around with the satellite. I was hoping to get the starbase to fit inside the oem pocket behind the door but its just a little to high to fit.

The ///Man

Reaction score
XM sounds very flat. It's not so noticeable on a crappy stereo system, but on something good, the highs aren't very high and the lows aren't very low, not to mention it has a bit of a tinny sound.

ryon527

Reaction score
The ///Man said:
XM sounds very flat. It's not so noticeable on a crappy stereo system, but on something good, the highs aren't very high and the lows aren't very low, not to mention it has a bit of a tinny sound.

yeah i redid everything this weekend and it stills sound pretty crappy. Its maybe a little bit better now but not much.

Scott d

Reaction score
What Panny HU is that?

You might want to check the output voltage of the Sirius thing, and make sure it is within the range of the input voltage on the HU. You can find this out all through the specs on each unit. If the Sirius thing is putting out too weak of voltage, this could be your problem.

I'd also try a different RCA-3.5mm plug. I've been through 2 already in my car, and it sounds tinny and weak when it is beginning to go.

Back