What'd you do to your accord today?

DizzyP

Reaction score
Checked on my rad fluid leak. It seems to be near to bottom of the rad area so took off the under carriage splash guard to get a better look. Ran out of daylight to continue. Get this, I had my rad replaced about a year ago at dealership and, even though it was obvious the upper and lower rad hoses had never been replaced on my 2001, they didn't install new ones! They didn't even offer it as an option. That should be like a law or something. Almost like a shop changing the oil but not the filter, it kinda goes with the process. So about 8 months later my upper hose was bulging (looked like it was flexing its bicep) so I called honda to see if it was under warranty and he told me they never did it so it wasn't [insert sad trombone sound effect here]. Went ahead and got the parts and did it myself. I guess they did isn't want my money back then.

Any hoot, rad cap was destroyed so got me one of thems and prob just do a quick flush and fill with water to check for leaks. I got some Bars Leaks Liquid Aluminum Rad Leak Stop. Amazon ratings seem pretty good. You all got any tips? Oh also will prob change out the lower rad hose since it's the original hose and I will be flushing it anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

f20bcg3

Reaction score
Got my cree reverse and switchbacks in the mail thanx to NotNice
heqazere.jpg

F20Bs don't take prisoners they chop faces off!!

cmgreensr

Reaction score
Dizzy, I would replace upper and lower while you are at it of course but I'm a bit confused, where are you leaking from? The hose?

Don't know how you are on money but maybe do thermostat at the same time if hoses were original, it could be too.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Some pics of what has been going on.......nothing major, but I am actually liking the way the car is looking right now.

Before

After

The horrific condition of my rear bumper.......

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Liking your recent change, Derek.

However, I do like that trunk deck spoiler (especially if it was color-matched for my taste).

What kind of deck spoiler is that tho? Tried to figure it out, but I couldn't find your MR thread..

I've been lurking around for a deck spoiler for years for an idea, and yours is pretty darn slick looking. (Of course, this is IF it fits on a coupe..)

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Appreciate the kind words, Sir.

Actually, the plan was to colour-match that spoiler(just some generic flush mount spoiler for sedans), but I want to get the TC spoiler and just get that one painted one time, rather than pay for two different spoilers to get painted.

That spoiler doesn't fit all that great either, and I know it wouldn't fit the Coupe. The '02 sedan has a bit of a lip on the trunk as well, so I would assume a different version of the spoiler would be needed for the Coupe.

DizzyP

Reaction score
Dizzy, I would replace upper and lower while you are at it of course but I'm a bit confused, where are you leaking from? The hose?

Don't know how you are on money but maybe do thermostat at the same time if hoses were original, it could be too.

I already changed out the upper when I noticed it budging several months back. So currently the upper is a few months old and the lower is over a decade old. I did have a leak from that bulging upper so after changing it out the pressurized system found the next path of least resistance and sprung another leak. Not sure where it is except it is somewhere near the bottom of the rad, could be the hose or cracked rad, not sure. Prob will check it out tonight.

As for my money situation, I like having it. Thermostat change is a great idea. Thanks for the tip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back