Going for a re-tune.... (Round #2) Updated 10/28/13

hotaccord243

Reaction score
Re: Going for a re-tune....

Congrats on getting that POS outta there bro!

Thanks! I was so relieved... thanks for the help btw!

BadgerType said:
i fear what my cylindars look like.......

Why you having some problems with your motor?

BTW, got my head, IM gasket, and IM attached, IC piping back on and hoses/clips attached all tonight. Torqued per manufacture specs on the head, set the head and bottom end to TDC. Sorry for the crappy pic, took on my blackberry...
Reassembledhead.jpg

Tomorrow I should be picking up the Crank pulley holder tool from AutoZone (had to order) and get back to work tomorrow or Wed. to disassemble the timing belt cover and make sure everything is at top dead center and re-attach the belt. Also check valve clearances, install turbo, fill it up with coolant and bleed, and fill oil and turn it over finally.... Also hope to sweet lord that there are no exhaust/oil/coolant leaks... ugh.

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score

glad to see your making good progress. hopefully now you've got all the stupid little **** fixed and can finally get that re-tune. :badger:

hotaccord243

Reaction score

glad to see your making good progress. hopefully now you've got all the stupid little **** fixed and can finally get that re-tune. :badger:

Thanks! Me too... had to take a break from working today, but I did pick up the crank pulley tool today. Will be able to fix timing, adjust valves, and re-assemble the rest of the motor/turbo parts.

If I have time, i'll clean out the egr (since I had to buy both the plenum and the manifold gasket as a kit), vtec screen, and IACV while i'm at it....

LX_F23A1

Reaction score

[threadjack]

im not running a turbo, just basic bolt ons, can i do a e-85 tune? will it do anything performance wise?

[/threadjack]

hotaccord243

Reaction score

Well took a impact wrench to the crank pulley nut, and could not get it off after trying for a good hour. I have too small of a compressor. Can't provide enough torque for long enough to get it off. So I bought a hand impact driver by craftsman and going to try that tomorrow...

LX_F23A1 said:
im not running a turbo, just basic bolt ons, can i do a e-85 tune? will it do anything performance wise?

In simple terms. No and no. No gains, no way of tuning the fuel map, or no fuel system/injectors to support the extra fuel needed to compensate for the required a/f ratio.

Erik123456789

Reaction score

Well took a impact wrench to the crank pulley nut, and could not get it off after trying for a good hour. I have too small of a compressor. Can't provide enough torque for long enough to get it off. So I bought a hand impact driver by craftsman and going to try that tomorrow..

what happened to the breaker bar with the 3 foot cheater bar trick??? :p lol

hotaccord243

Reaction score

what happened to the breaker bar with the 3 foot cheater bar trick??? :p lol

I tried that. I tried even standing on it and using all 200 pounds of me to break it loose. (yes, the car was on jackstands). I tried that for about an hour. And I also tried 175psi of a 20gal air compressor for an hour. This was all with the crank pulley holder tool too..... WTF?

SO i'll try a impact driver and see if that instant blow of torque can get it loose. If not i guess i could try heating it just a bit....

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score

thats why i always go to a local shop and have them hit it with a 1/2" impact to loosen it, then i limp home

1000000000000000 times easier

Back