DIY Request: Any way to adjust how high our windows sit?

AggieMan

Reaction score
My car has had an awful amount of wind noise since the day I bought it, especially at higher speeds (50+ mph). My weather stripping seems to be perfectly normal (no cracked, missing or brittle rubber) and I have no water leaks (been through heavy rainstorms and countless car washes).

I tried putting masking tape all around the windows and the wind noise died down considerably on the highway. This tells me that the window seals are either shot (which they don't look like it, they look brand new) or windows are out of adjustment. I was looking through forums for other vehicles and they mentioned being able to adjust the window regulator with a bolt or something that would allow you to make the window sit higher and thus make a better seal with the window seals .

Do our cars have something like that? If so, does anyone know how to do it? If not, would it help to put some foam into the top part of the window seals?

Pardie

Reaction score
Our cars do not have that. Try spraying some silicone in the window tracks and rubber seal and clean them. It can be a bit messy but just wipe it off immediately and it won't hurt anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Your not alone on this. my window started leaking after i put on inchannel rain guards. i can actually see the gap between my seal and the glass in the front corner. i just mess with the window switch up and down till it seals mostly lol.

Last edited:

simplicity

Reaction score
Sorry for posting on an old thread, but hopefully this information helps.

Isn't there a bolt that you can adjust on the door panel holding the window regulator? You should also check the track and make sure the window is sliding in the track and not coming out the track as it's rolling up and down. I noticed a lot of wind noise before I replaced my passenger side window regulator - turned out it was studdering a lot and eventually closed but it didnt go into the groove all the way.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
If there is no adjustability bolt, you can always custom fab by expanding the travel areas of each bolt hole of the mounted unit, and you will have your miniscule adjustment. Logic makes sense :), now go get yourself a dremel!

Back