Goodbye to my 6thgen and Thank you forum members

paypalbid

Reaction score
Pick up my 6th gen Accord in March of 1998 with 27 miles. 19 years and 414,xxx miles later i parted way with my Accord.

I have been a member here for approximately 10 years. You guys have been great and very helpful. I have learned so much about dyi from this forum which enabled me to keep my car for so long. 19 years of ownership means i have encountered just about every issue that could go wrong with a car.

I'll be lurking around and if i could assist on any topic i will definitely chime in.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Impressive, props to you and the car. Did it finally die or were you just ready for something new? Or were too many things falling apart to the point that it wasn't worth it anymore?

Speaking of, what are you getting into? Post it up in the non-6GA section. :)

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
414k miles? damn..... :omgbd:

hope your new ride gets you half tht mileage haha

paypalbid

Reaction score
Impressive, props to you and the car. Did it finally die or were you just ready for something new? Or were too many things falling apart to the point that it wasn't worth it anymore?

Speaking of, what are you getting into? Post it up in the non-6GA section. :)

I sold the Accord to a guy i mentored for the last couple years , nothing wrong with the car; I was ready to get a different motoring experience. I got the Accord when I was a senior in high school, it got me through college, and various traveling jobs after college. Alot of things did go wrong with the car over the course of 19 years, you name it, and i probably experienced it. I did not neglect the car so i spent time and money to make it in functional condition at all time; which means not even neglect broken windows or doorlocks or any strange noises. Car was running mobil1 synthetic with mobil1 filter most of its life.

I picked up a 2004 Lexus LS430 to replace the Accord
I still have my 2000 e39 BMW M5 which i posted photos back in 2007
My current work commuter car is a 2015 Camry no photos on forum yet
Weekend motorcycle is a 2007 Suzuki SV650 no photos on forum yet

Last edited:

capsidx

Reaction score
Although I've never gotten to talk to you as I'm fairly new to the forum I think I can say with your knowledge from experience of ownership makes you an asset here. Hopefully this forum doesn't lose any more members but like you said, you'll still provide technical support so kudos to you and good luck on your future endeavors :)

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I sold the Accord to a guy i mentored for the last couple years , nothing wrong with the car; I was ready to get a different motoring experience. I got the Accord when I was a senior in high school, it got me through college, and various traveling jobs after college. Alot of things did go wrong with the car over the course of 19 years, you name it, and i probably experienced it. I did not neglect the car so i spent time and money to make it in functional condition at all time; which means not even neglect broken windows or doorlocks or any strange noises. Car was running mobil1 synthetic with mobil1 filter most of its life.

I picked up a 2004 Lexus LS430 to replace the Accord
I still have my 2000 e39 BMW M5 which i posted photos back in 2007
My current work commuter car is a 2015 Camry no photos on forum yet
Weekend motorcycle is a 2007 Suzuki SV650 no photos on forum yet

Any plans for the Lexus?

I am considering an '03 540 M-sport and '01-03 M5 for my next car, posted some questions in your thread if you don't mind divulging some info.

juicebox00

Reaction score
Andy!!!! I Can't believe it! Hopefully the next owner cares for her the way you did.

I just dug these up from 2009!

P1010067.jpg

P1010079.jpg

P1010100.jpg

Back