Go Back   6th Gen Accord DIY and Performance Forums

Register to remove these ads

View Single Post
Old 04-05-2017, 08:54 AM
Points: 3,384, Level: 16 Points: 3,384, Level: 16 Points: 3,384, Level: 16
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Connie is somewhat reliable
Re: How to replace the gas tank, the easy way with pics!

Here is the sub-frame ready to go back into the car. I sprayed some paint on it to try and slow down future rusting; maybe it'll help. I also cleaned up and greased the strut mounting flanges on the knuckle as well as the shocks themselves. This makes lining the shocks up with the knuckles a lot easier. I applied grease to the body to sub-frame bushings as well. Few minutes of prep before jamming it back in saves a lot of fighting with the shocks.

As you can see, lots of room to reconnect everything while lifting the sub-frame back in. The fuel lines are supposed to go under the evap hose; they are on top in this pic. I noticed right after I took this picture and put them the right way before lifting any further.

After hooking all of the hoses back up, keep lifting until the strut bolts can be reinstalled.

After the strut bolts are back in and tight, lift until you can reinstall the large body-to-frame bolts through the brackets. Once these are in, get the jack out of the way and put the 8 smaller bracket bolts back in and tighten everything up.

That's as far as I got last night, only had an hour or so to mess with it, but the worst is over. Should be able to finish up in another hour or two this evening when I get home.

Here's how it sits at the moment.

Last edited by Connie; 04-05-2017 at 08:56 AM.

» Featured Ride
CHECK OUT THIS WEEK'S FEATURED RIDE!