Register to remove these ads

Thread: Gas range
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2018, 08:49 PM
Points: 2,310, Level: 13 Points: 2,310, Level: 13 Points: 2,310, Level: 13
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Rusty Accord is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Gas range

Agreed, 150 isn't very good. If you can 200 or better in the 1st half a tank, you're doing ok to good. When we'd go on road trips, I'd fill it up, then we'd go to 1/4 tank. Every fill up was 13 gallons, or very close to it. The thing is, on a road trip you're moving along at a "steady state", and not doing a lot of stop and go (unless you live in So Cal), so you're not hauling the car to a dead stop, and you're not having to launch it again. Those things hurt fuel mileage the most (hard launches). Now, if you lived in parts of Missouri for example, some of those hills would require the trans to downshift several times just to get over them. I've been on I-44, and yes, that state kills my "average" fuel mileage because of the hills you cross going across the state. Normal will be 26-27, while going across there it drops to 23-24 due to the hills. The only real good thing for me, is watching the price of gas drop as I go from east to west across the state. That usually makes up the difference in my mpgs.

Sorry if I insulted or if you feel insulted if you're from Missouri, but I was just using it as an example as to how terrain can have an effect on fuel mileage.

Last edited by Rusty Accord; 01-30-2018 at 08:53 PM.

» Featured Ride
CHECK OUT THIS WEEK'S FEATURED RIDE!