F23a4

StomoHonda

Reaction score
I have the F23a4 , since it is ULEV. Is there anything I
Should know before I start buying performance parts for this? I know the exhaust and the intake manifold is different from the F23a1 . and also the Ecu has an oxygen control sensor am I able to by pass that so I can proceed to establish more air flow?

P.s I am very new at working on cars, I only know what I have studied. Never have I done any work on a car. So please keep that in mind when responding.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Intake manifolds are the same. ECU, o2 sensor, and exhaust manifold is different.

Performance wise, intake, exhaust, header, suspension...etc etc...

Check out the FAQ's for more info.

StomoHonda

Reaction score
F23a4 mod solutions

Im a new F23a4 2002 Honda accord coupe owner. I have zero experience with cars. I do want to swap, but I want to mod my f23a4 first for experience and because it will take time till I can swap. Its ULEV I live in a town where i dont have to pass emissions. So I want to make it not ULEV if possible. I need tips on what specific parts I need to make this baby go and scream! Im also going to upgrade the exterior and interiors well before I put the k24 . and one last question. Wrap or paint?

Enne

Reaction score
Re: F23a4 mod solutions

Just buy a faster car >.> Seriously, the Accord was not made to go fast. You could easily just save your money and buy another car that is already fast.

StomoHonda

Reaction score
Re: F23a4 mod solutions

Thats no fun, Im not really trying to make it go Lamborghini fast. But thanks for the input.

I want information on what parts I should focus on getting with out putting too much stress on my engine. It is ULEV so the ecu and exhaust and the catalytic converter are different from the F23 a1, what I want it know is if I can swap that stuff out for "better" parts. Of course I want it to be fast but like I said I know there are faster cars but I like the 6 gen accord and want to work on it

StomoHonda

Reaction score
F23a4 catalytic converter

I want to change out the cat out of my 2002 Honda accord coupe. Its ULEV so what should I get when I do buy one? Or am I able to just buy the cat by itself? Or do also have to change everything from the ecu, exhaust manifold and am I able to put performance headers?

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
Gain will be neglible with bolt ons and just swapping parts. Whatever bolt ons you do the engine isn't gonna "scream" an the car isn't going to be much faster at all.

Enne

Reaction score
f7FdEdG.jpg

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
The best modification I have done for my f23a1 is delete the catalytic converter and skeletonize the bottom side of the stock air box along with adjusting the tension on the throttle cable.

The stock air box setup makes for terrible throttle response trying to suck air through that tiny snorkel.

Driving manual trying to rev match downshifts along with heel-toe double clutching with the stick setup sucks so bad. There is almost a one second lag before the RPMs rise enough. Now with the opened up air box and cat delete the response is ten times better.

Back