My car wont start! Help!

Oh nana

Reaction score
Hello everyone, i would really appreciate your help,,
during the weekend i started having problems with my car :(, it would take me a couple of tries to turn on my car. I had done that a couple of times before but never this bad.
It sounds,.. Idk how to describe the sound, it's like a big screeching, raspy noise.
Weve checked the starter, alternator, battery, and they're all good, we also changed one of the ignition coils, and did an oil change.

We will also replace the pcv valve w a new one tomorrow.
:( any suggestions are welcome :)

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I was going to suggest ignition switch but the sound you’re describing would not be indicative of that. When you turn the key to position II, do you hear the fuel pump engaging? It’s a sort of quite whine that lasts 2-3 seconds.

Posting an audio clip would give a better idea of what’s happening.

l1nd3n

Reaction score
I know you said you checked the starter but it sure sounds like that is the problem. You may try a new one and if it doesn't work take it back.

kn0x47

Reaction score
a video would be helpful. also you should take the starter off and have it benched test at the autoparts store. have them run it at least 3 times. if there's a delay from when the gear stops spinning and when it goes back in then its still the starter even though the bench tester will say its good. fyi, not all autopart stores take stuff back just because it didnt fix your problem

Oh nana

Reaction score
It was the starter, we had taken it to O'reilly's to get it checked and they said it was fine?, we just tried changing the starter to see if anything would happen and BAAMMMM it turned on!! :thumbsup:
thanks for all the help :banana-mario:

mx5kev

Reaction score
Sorry didn't read everything (for my first answer), but it can be a dead battery. Not enough juice to run your starter motor.

Last edited:
Back