View Single Post
Old 10-04-2017, 09:55 AM
Points: 2,662, Level: 14 Points: 2,662, Level: 14 Points: 2,662, Level: 14
Activity: 31% Activity: 31% Activity: 31%

Enne is an unknown quantity at this point
Member Photo Albums
Re: Enne's 1998 Chevy Camaro coupe 3.8 L - Harlock

Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post
Ever thought about spacing the wheels or putting newer Camaro rims on it? I think that would do a lot. Coming along nicely though.
Thanks.

I specifically wanted these wheels, so I don't plan on changing them any time soon. I commute to NJ five days a week so larger wheels would increase the risk of tire/wheel damage. These are 16" stock wheels. I-78 is currently under construction where I drive on it as well, so I'm already trying to be careful lol. Huge drop-offs and bumps where they mill the pavement for the new stuff to get put down. Hitting them even at 65 MPH is scary. Like you're just waiting to hear something break or fall off afterward.

Not only that, but larger wheels make this car ride like crap. Like I mentioned previously, the 17s that were on it made it feel like it was riding on wagon wheels. Very bumpy. I know big wheels are the cool thing, but I personally prefer stock ones.

I may end up having them done a different color, but that depends on when I get the rest of the car wrapped and what color I go with.

» Featured Ride
CHECK OUT THIS WEEK'S FEATURED RIDE!