lug nuts and breaker bar

datechboss101

Reaction score
Then it's probably more than 85 ft lbs. You need to put more azz into it. If you can't break them loose now, how are you going to change a flat along side the road?

I'm going to be removing the 19 year old spare tire, so I won't have any spare tire soon.

This is always the standard procedure for any vehicle.

Put your purse down and put some muscle into it. I could break em loose when I weighed 150lbs of nothing.

I'll add more muscle to my legs :karate:

Haha if you really can't get them loose try kicking the breaker bar or hitting it with a hammer if you really have to

I'll give it a try with the hammer... only if I could find one as its not in the tool box. :henry:

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
u can't break off the stud with a breaker bar? damn i feel like pro body builder now :lawl:

Kimbo80

Reaction score
Take the handle off your new jack, slide it over the breaker bar (for more leverage) and then loosen the lugs.

Torque the lug nuts back to 85 ft lbs using a torque wrench.

I have no idea which breaker bar you purchased, but you are going to need a 25 inch breaker bar and a little muscle to easily break the lugs loose.

Last edited:

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
u can't break off the stud with a breaker bar? damn i feel like pro body builder now :lawl:

I hear you. Man I think about all those cheap azz steel lug wrenches/jack handles I broke years ago and it makes me feel like a "He man". I've even broke the nub off of 1/2 inch breaker bars trying to break loose a nut torqued to 217 ft lbs. First time I thought the breaker bar was wounded, but the brand new Craftsman it replaced sheared just as quick. :lawl: I ended up welding the 36mm socket to a 3 ft long 1/2" flat bar, and got them broke loose so I could replace the leaking wheel cylinders.

Put the breaker bar at a level where you can stand on it and bounce on it if you have to. If that won't do it, take it to a shop and ask the to break them loose with an impact. You might have to flip them a couple of bucks, but at least they'll be loose.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
just get a 4 feet long pipe and extend your breaker bar... easy..

datechboss101

Reaction score

I'm a 190 lbs guy, just with a horrible fat to muscle ratio....

Take the handle off your new jack, slide it over the breaker bar (for more leverage) and then loosen the lugs.

Torque the lug nuts back to 85 ft lbs using a torque wrench.

I have no idea which breaker bar you purchased, but you are going to need a 25 inch breaker bar and a little muscle to easily break the lugs loose.

I bought the 18 inch breaker bar as that one was on sale and I was on a budget. I haven't tried the handle yet, as I yet still tried those points that were suggested to jack up the car. And one more thing.... how can I tell if its 85 ft lbs when my wrench doesn't have any torque measurements?

Back