Sketch o5's 2013 Scion FR-S 6MT

kn0x47

Reaction score
:thumbsup:

i thought about blackhousing the tails once i get one but saw how people have to cut them open and screw that crap. you gonna red-out the tails?

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
i think i've seen people open them normally by heating up the glue :thinking: cutting sounds pretty lazy :lawl: i'm leaving them stock though, i like them as they are. all i've done is change out the turn signals to red leds so the housing doesn't reflect orange from the oem bulb. if anything, i'll just get new tail lights altogether. i just don't feel like spending that kind of money when i could spend it on something i'd actually feel haha.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
i might put some red film on them eventually though, i'm not too fond of the altezza look.

i'm leaving them stock though, i like them as they are.

Wait wut? :lawl:

Btw is it always overcast in NJ, or do you just take pics early evening? I think the only sunny photo is of the muffler haha.

13260137_10100537173682062_569114004406037968_n.jpg

Those tail lights are hot.

But what is with this whole deal of the fender flares only coming down partially behind the wheel? Maybe I'm missing the point but it would look so much better if they resolved back into the car body naturally, like they do in the front.

Last edited:

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
Wait wut? :lawl:

two years between those posts! :lawl: all red would be cool but i prefer to use the film, and i just don't have the patience to do these tails haha. plus it'll fade over time. the oem look has really grown on me too. not to mention, it seems like everyone who keep the oem tail lights tint them red or black.

Btw is it always overcast in NJ, or do you just take pics early evening? I think the only sunny photo is of the muffler haha.

it's the haze from all the fumes :lawl:

i actually aim for overcast days haha, i just like the lighting better. those recent pics didn't start out overcast, but i did go out at like 7pm to take them, so by the time i was done it was getting dark and overcast, roughly 830ish. that first pic was one of the first i took and it was in a wooded area on some corporate buildings property, so that was just a dark area, but it wasn't overcast yet at that point haha...you can see the sunlight a little in the front bumper :p

Those tail lights are hot.

But what is with this whole deal of the fender flares only coming down partially behind the wheel? Maybe I'm missing the point but it would look so much better if they resolved back into the car body naturally, like they do in the front.

yeah i like those lights too, i've thought about them, but they're not my favorite though. i'm real picky too, i prefer red turn signals in the rear, i don't like the amber look...but the set i like the most right now flashes amber i think :boo: haha. i think the set you posted flash red though, so that's a plus haha.

it's just the styling, the rocket bunny kits really popularized that look and everyone else seemed to follow because it was so popular, i guess. i like it though.

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
two years between those posts! :lawl: all red would be cool but i prefer to use the film, and i just don't have the patience to do these tails haha. plus it'll fade over time. the oem look has really grown on me too. not to mention, it seems like everyone who keep the oem tail lights tint them red or black.

I've had Lamin-X red tint on my tails for a couple years now and no fading yet, they actually instruct you to wax the tint every 3 months to keep it glossy. I used the little bottle of spray wax that came with the tint and I guess it's doing its job. But it sounds like you don't want to tint them anyway ha, and I don't blame you as they are more complex. Would take a good deal of finesse and stretching I think.

yeah i like those lights too, i've thought about them, but they're not my favorite though. i'm real picky too, i prefer red turn signals in the rear, i don't like the amber look...but the set i like the most right now flashes amber i think :boo: haha. i think the set you posted flash red though, so that's a plus haha.

Yea and they also look like they use surface emit lighting, which always looks good. I get what you are saying about the OEM's though.

kn0x47

Reaction score
the previous owner removed it when they traded it in. they just left the spoiler on i guess haha.

well that sucks. at least you still have the spoiler. the spoiler is nice and subtle but over priced for what they are

Back