Cracked subfame ? Right Front Sway Bar Mounting Bracket Plate

paypalbid

Reaction score
hey guys just wanted to pick someone 's brain about this topic.

I was hearing some weird rattling noise on the right side of my suspension. I jacked the car up and looked underneath for lose endlinks or lose suspension componenents

Then I noticed the front sway bar mounting bracket sorrounding area has cracked a piece of black meta fell off. It is the right mounting bracket. I looked at the left side and the area looked fine. I never tracked the car so I dont even how that started. So the sway still still bolt down with the 2 holes. The surrounding black subframe plate has crack and doesnt seem to support the sway bar when the the dips during bumps.

Anyway I dont know what to do except to JB Weld the area. i sanded the surrounding down and JB weld it real good, waited 2 hours and applied a second JB weld coat. Now the car is on the Jack Stand waiting for 15 hours for the JB Weld to dry.

If you guys are familiar with this situation please fill me in. IS IT DANGEROUR ?
Anyway I wished I had taken pictures to share here. Ill keep everyone posted to see if the cheap fix works. Otherwise to the fabricating shop and weld a new plate of some sort.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Y didnt u have someone spot weld it for u? JB weld is just...i dunno. I would not trust it with any kind of frame repair,bracket or mounting plate.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Front or Rear?

Either way - JB weld isnt going to hold anything. See if you can find a replacement at junkyard.

paypalbid

Reaction score
Its the front bracket, im in Southern California.

Anyway guys just an update. JB Weld didn't work which was not suprise to me. I just wanted to start with the cheap fix first. Anyway I have heard some members removed the front sway bar and drive without it. I thought i have read some posts like that. Can someone confirm this ?

Anyway I really really do appreciate everyone 's input and help.

finch13

Reaction score
You can drive without it, but you'll notice some oversteering with the rear sway on too. So did you break the front bracket & bushing for the sway or did the bracket for the sway rip a chunk of the subframe out?

paypalbid

Reaction score
You can drive without it, but you'll notice some oversteering with the rear sway on too. So did you break the front bracket & bushing for the sway or did the bracket for the sway rip a chunk of the subframe out?

The bracket of the sway ripped a chunk of the subframe out. A chunk of metal triangular shape fell out about an inch in size. The sway bar bracket still still bolted to the mounting plate, since part of the subframe was the portion that re-enforce the sway bar when it dips. Now, i can push the sway bar up and down which means the sway bar is making all kinds of noise. Plus there are cracks in the area so I dont let it go on and make it worse.

By the way I have the Neuspeed front and rear sway bars.

IF ANYONE IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA CAN WELD OR KNOW SOME ONE LET ME KNOW> Otherwise I would just have to take it to a body shop to have it welded.

paypalbid

Reaction score
OK guys just an update to the resolution. I took the car to the body shop and they determine it wasn't a crucial part of the frame where the tranny or motor is mounted to. It just part of the undercarriage where the sway bar mount bolts . The body shop customized a heavy duty plate and welded. They painted over it it and everything works fine.

Back