my Accord lost engine power help me out!!!!!

JOHN....

Reaction score
Ok I had an issue with my 99 Honda Accord f23A4 shutting off on me thanks to couple of people on this page said it was the ignition switch which is common on these cars so I replace it sure enough that’s what it was so now the other day it was raining drove threw some small puddles nothing crazy I went to slow down to stop the car felt like it lost engine power like it wanted to shut off so parked it went to start it back up 10mins later no problem at all now it drive with no issues so I don’t kno it does it when I go threw puddles or that’s just telling the car might need a tuneup let me kno what you guys think

Eclipse99fwb

Reaction score
Wouldnt be a tuneup, your car would have a misfire if you were that in need of one. As far as what it could be, quite a few things. I would first start with double checking your ignition switch install. Also check your battery connections. It could just been a fluke especially if it is being intermittent. Just to be on the safe side check your oil dip stick a few times, make sure you didnt suck any water up from the puddles.

JOHN....

Reaction score
Wouldnt be a tuneup, your car would have a misfire if you were that in need of one. As far as what it could be, quite a few things. I would first start with double checking your ignition switch install. Also check your battery connections. It could just been a fluke especially if it is being intermittent. Just to be on the safe side check your oil dip stick a few times, make sure you didnt suck any water up from the puddles.

I mean is running fine it just did it the one day that it was raining I also notice when I open the hood and I was holding the hood with one hand and I was checking the spark plugs wires with the other hand making sure they weren’t lose it gave me a little bit of shock lol

dawg316

Reaction score
if you got shocked thats a good indication of leaking spark plug wires. where you near the distributor cap by anychance when you got shocked?

ive seen carbon tracking before that could arc through the cap.

i would check into that first. replace whats needed before guessing whats needed

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
Pop the hood at night when it's pitch black. If the wires are shorting out you should be able to see the arcs.

JOHN....

Reaction score
if you got shocked thats a good indication of leaking spark plug wires. where you near the distributor cap by anychance when you got shocked?

ive seen carbon tracking before that could arc through the cap.

i would check into that first. replace whats needed before guessing whats needed

Yes I was near the distributor when I got shocked lol

Back