Derek's 2002 Coupe EX (5MT)

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Re: phi1542's 02 Coupe 5-Speed

You should be able to buy the fittings separately from where you got the parts. Summit racing also sells them if you know the fitting size.

phi1542

Reaction score

Oh sweet thanks guys! I'll give them a call to see which one is the right one to get. I'm getting an alignment right now since I took the suspension apart. They do a suspension inspection so I'll see what else is up that could be making noise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

phi1542

Reaction score

I wasn't able to get the alignment done. They said the driver side is a quarter inch lower than the passenger in the fronts so they said I should adjust that first before they align the car. They also suggested me getting upper camber adjustment rods. Assuming they are talking about adjustable upper control arm in the rear. Do I really need it?

As for the noise they told me the RSB link rubs on the strut so that is what most likely to be causing the noise. They still charged me 30 bucks for that....

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

You said you have 2 fingergaps, right? You don't need a camber kit.

On which side is the strut being rubbed by the endlink? Take a look and see if you can see scrape marks where those two parts are coming in contact. Is your RSB off center?

phi1542

Reaction score

You said you have 2 fingergaps, right? You don't need a camber kit.

On which side is the strut being rubbed by the endlink? Take a look and see if you can see scrape marks where those two parts are coming in contact. Is your RSB off center?
Yeah in the front. I can barley stick 2 fingers in the rears but it's approximately. No matter how much I raise the rear it's hard to get it to match the front without it being too high in the back lol is it OK if not all 4 are exact same height? I measured all 4 the same but when I measure it fender to ground it's not all the same. One side is lower than the other so I think it might just be the ground. Another reason why the shop didn't do the alignment was because he said the front left is quarter inch lower than the front right. I measure both sides the same and it's a 3 inch gap on both so I don't know why he said one side is lower than the other.

Turns out that the grease fittings are already on the links lol..... I'm dumb. But I'm pretty sure this is where it rubs. Super close but when I hit bumps I hear the nose so it probably rubs then. How do I fix it?

f3bacdbc907b6d4ae9f34c67150434d6.jpg

a0c459275ec22869583b8170a5b15145.jpg

I also saw this but the technician didn't say anything about the exhaust hanger rubbing

64f4a5f2b111a342da41127470dc76d8.jpg

604ACCORD

Reaction score

Good old 02 tls rsb I had same issue if u go to newer Gen rsb you won't have this issue. Thats really weird almost looks like those coils won't work with moog endlinks man. There is no way to adjust that unless u go to oem end links

phi1542

Reaction score

Good old 02 tls rsb I had same issue if u go to newer Gen rsb you won't have this issue. Thats really weird almost looks like those coils won't work with moog endlinks man. There is no way to adjust that unless u go to oem end links

Yeah I have the 3rd gen TL Progress 24mm sway bar. Seriously??? Is the OEM ones smaller? Wouldn't all coils be the same though since they're all relatively the same size and stuff? I had the same noise with my other coils thats why I thought the rear struts were blown but its just these end links. What's the difference with MOOG anyways? I only got them because everyone else got them LOL

Back