Richard's '02 V6 Coupe EX-L

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Re: Sil2DrV6's 2002 Accord Coupe EX-L V6

Do you have a 'kiddie pool'?

Need something big enough to hold a bit of the tire. Usually we 'dunk' them ~8" and spin them around to look for bubbles.

ds100111a.JPG

james'99

Reaction score

This might sound strange but you went from buying valve stem caps to a low pressure tire a few days later. Nothing funky on the inside of the cap? Just a thought. It seems far-fetched even to me but...

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

Do you have a 'kiddie pool'?

Need something big enough to hold a bit of the tire. Usually we 'dunk' them ~8" and spin them around to look for bubbles.

ds100111a.JPG
Yea I do have something like that at home.

If not, I was thinking about doing something like.. this..
HDRwheel.jpg

Pretty sure my wife will freak out..

This might sound strange but you went from buying valve stem caps to a low pressure tire a few days later. Nothing funky on the inside of the cap? Just a thought. It seems far-fetched even to me but...
Yea, that was the only thing I did anything to my tires recently. Caps are fine tho. (I actually replaced only the valve stem sleeves, and reused my previous caps.) Some of my previous sleeves were a bit difficult to remove right away, so I ended up pulling the stem itself quite a bit, but I don't recall doing that on that particular tire.

I do remember I hit two nasty road dips on the same day about a few weeks ago, but that's all I can think of anything else. Well, I'll let the tire swim inside a tub to see if I can locate the spot. If I see some bubbles from the stem area.. there I go. :rolleyes:

james'99

Reaction score

End up resolving it?

And I don't know if I have said it already but that is a clean car bud. Props to you.

xci.ed6

Reaction score

lol, just run the dishwasher empty when the parts are done, ****'l be fine...I think... :p

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

End up resolving it?

And I don't know if I have said it already but that is a clean car bud. Props to you.
No, not yet.. Currently working 6 days a wk, and being a bit lazy b/c of it.. (Hence, my active award is taken by Varnell, and now it's yours haha.) Hopefully being able to inspect it this wkend.

Thank you, sir. Means a lot!

Probably not as bad as putting engine parts in the dishwasher. lol
Sounds like you've done it before. lol

lol, just run the dishwasher empty when the parts are done, ****'l be fine...I think... :p
I can't be sure about that haha.

Decided to go w/ upgrading my exhausts, instead of RSB.

Will be stock headers (not replacing unless they're in bad shape), new oem cat converter, new oem sub muffler, custom Y-pipe, and new ?????? factory mufflers. The "?" part will be revealed, when the upgrade is completed. :p

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

Inspected my tire for a puncture.

Well, I was going to dump my tire into the recycle bin w/ water in it, but it had some holes in the bottom of the bin..

Decided to put it into the bath tub, so I cleaned the hell out of it beforehand, so my wife doesn't go nuts.
a828e6abff3d45c6fdb7d8796e23c2d4.jpg

While washing it w/ soap water, I discovered this.
deb7ec5d3ae148444737950677b454a7.jpg

1ecd6202b8471db575684255778fbc19.jpg

So, it was the tire valve core.. Funny thing was, it stopped bubbling, when I moved around the stem in a certain direction.

Inspected the front ball joint bushing (OEM) while I was at it. No signs of damage like the one I had it before (Ingalls). As you can see, my Tein SA can go about 0.5 inch lower. :)
c3e29d6b11e066393db826efe6089d6c.jpg

Went to Autozone, and bought a Mobil1 oil filter & Red Line SI-1 Fuel System Cleaner.
b5339c365206b0cb6ab4c3ecc7fa44d5.jpg

While I was there, took a look at the tire valve core to see how it looks like. It seems like the top part is a twist-off. Maybe I can tighten the core to see if it will stop leaking.
c9f3b0d33945f154667f6942b7d915d6.jpg

Getting hungry atm, so I'll stop for now, and inspect it later.

Last edited:

james'99

Reaction score

Inspected my tire for a puncture.

So, it was the tire valve core.. Funny thing was, it stopped bubbling, when I moved around the stem in a certain direction.

While I was there, took a look at the tire valve core to see how it looks like. It seems like the top part is a twist-off. Maybe I can tighten the core to see if it will stop leaking.

Glad you found this! Glad it will be cheap. Maybe the other caps offered a better seal and changing them over caused this? Who knows. Doesn't matter. It will be fixed.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

Glad you found this! Glad it will be cheap. Maybe the other caps offered a better seal and changing them over caused this? Who knows. Doesn't matter. It will be fixed.
Yeah, hopefully it will be fixed by tightening the core. I just need the right tool to tighten it up tho. Idt it was the cap, since I've had these caps for a long time w/ no prob 'till this. I guess I may have yanked it off too hard, and loosened the core, when I renewed the stem sleeves. I need a miniature pliers or something. Time to dig up my wife's craft tool box. lol

Back