Car Alarm

chrisman8995

Reaction score
Alright guys and girls, ive been surfing this site for a couple weeks and this is my first post. (quick catch up im usually on 7thgencivic.com but my gf just got a 6thgen accord"

ok well i fell into a couple audiovox alarms pretty cheap, both are brand new the model #'s are at home so i dont have them now, but the one for her car has a remote start on it (and her car is an automatic) i paid $75 for this thing and figured if cheap enough i would just have a shop install it, the cheapest ive found was $300. So I'm gonna bite the bullet and do it myself, but they are telling me that the accord has to have a box that is programmed like the key for the remote start to work. Ive but them in chevys and fords no problem. Just never heard of this before,

so does anyone have experience with this, and any other tips and hints will be appreciated.

Thanks
Chris

dynasty

Reaction score
well, on my accord, it has a crimestopper alarm which i thought it was pretty good. but then, i lost my remote for it so i can't really find a replacement so i'll probably go for crimestopper again since it works pretty good.

about installation, i think it would be cheaper if you would go to Bestbuy and buy their alarm system. usually they will do installation for cheap. supposely, it's not really hard. it's just time consuming. for me, i got a friend who would do it for free but i have to be there to help him. LOL. but that's what i think you should do. good luck.

djpm05

Reaction score
it is a transponder that you have to buy for the remote start to work. Honda put the "immobilizer" system into our honda's, and you have to put a space key inside of a box and hide it somewhere in the car. It's not hard to wire up at all, but for remote start to work, it's needed.

You can get them from anywhere that does alarms and it's the 555u, or something like that. I may be wrong, so check directed electronic's website to be sure.

:)

Scott P

Reaction score
alrighty. First let me say i've been installing for the better part of the last decade professionally.

The price you have been quoted is by far and away price gouging. For an "own alarm/remote start) I would probably charge in the area of 175 maybe 200 with the immobilizer bypass.

You have to keep in mind that most anywhere you go,when you price an alarm the vast majority of the price is the labor. Now on a 6 gen accord it isn't exactly hard to do, but it still can be somewhat time consuming depending on the quality of the install. Case in point when I did my alarm, i took a full day (10 hours) but then again you won't find a single wire in the car, nor the sirens, the brain, or the antenna.

Anyway, long story short. you will need a bypass (DEI 556hw), and call a few other places, including whomever may be your local audivox delear and see if you can't find a better deal, unless you're itching to install it yourself.

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
djpm05 said:
it is a transponder that you have to buy for the remote start to work. Honda put the "immobilizer" system into our honda's, and you have to put a space key inside of a box and hide it somewhere in the car. It's not hard to wire up at all, but for remote start to work, it's needed:)

Exactly.

But does you girl have an EX?
If she does, the factory alawn is good enough because it's linked to all the doors, hood and trunk. All you have to do is have a shock sensor connected to the factory alarn like I did.

dynasty

Reaction score
blacknight said:
Exactly.

But does you girl have an EX?
If she does, the factory alawn is good enough because it's linked to all the doors, hood and trunk. All you have to do is have a shock sensor connected to the factory alarn like I did.

o0o0o! i didn't know about that. i have a EX-V6. what kind and where did you get your shock sensor at? i was planning to get a brand new alarm since i lost my remote. -_-

i also have another friend who would do 100 just for installation. but too bad no one lives in 'cheap gas Oklahoma'. =)

chrisman8995

Reaction score
wow sites more active then i expected, thanks for the help

no its a 99 lx 4dr, ill search around on the net for the bypass then.

thanks again guys

angelplus

Reaction score
Compustar remotestart/security. Cant beat it ;) Mine is sensative as ****, so I'm very satisfied. Got my kit for 179, then the bypass module, then 100 for installation. Though I got one hell of a deal, installation will probably cost about 200 where ever you go.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
yea, youre getting raped on that install, unless that include the purchase of the allarm system? i bought my system for $200 of the net, and had it installed for $100.

Back