Trunk Space Over Hual

jdmcg3

Reaction score
so i "gutted" my trunk way back when i first got it over 3yrs ago. well through out that time my trunk turned to sh!t. it looked like a trash dump and even started to rust out in some spots. so today i decided i do something about it since it was finally nice outside.

before pic. sry for poor quality.. its a phone pic because i was feeling lazy at the moment and didnt wanna go inside to get my camera.
IMG_1618.jpg

youre gonna wanna remove everything from the trunk. it was a simple uninstall of everything seeing that theres just clips and plastic fasteners hold things in place.

then start removing all the sound damper-ing crap. i used a flat head screw driver and a rubber mallet. time consuming, but it works. i heard of some using dry ice. i guess it makes it crack and able to just peel right off. but i didnt wanna spend the bucks on dry ice seeing thats its not all that cheap around here.
DSCN0017.jpg

after thats off it should start looking like this
DSCN0018.jpg

now here comes the real fun part.. sanding. and then some more sanding. im using 60g sand paper. it cuts through the little bits of left behind sound damper. youll need alot of sand paper for this. i bought a 20pack and already used like 7 sheets.
DSCN0019.jpg

DSCN0021.jpg

and this is how far i got today. tomorrow i get to do more sanding and some bondo work, followed by more sanding.
DSCN0024.jpg

well i ran outta daylight and arm strength today. will have project and this DIY thread finished some time this week.

well i finished up the bondo part of this job. now i just need to vacuum out all the dust. then wash it out to get it ready for paint. still havent decided on what i gonna do for paint.

bonda applied
DSCN0278.jpg

bondo all saned down
DSCN0282.jpg

DSCN0284.jpg

Last edited:

99HonAccord

Reaction score
WOW!!! just WOOW........ The out coming is coming out very well, but the before pictures look BAD!

AustinJohnsen

Reaction score
looks good man what Is the plan in the end ? back to stock just clean or something bad a$$

Last edited:

jdmcg3

Reaction score
looks good man what Is the plan in the end ? back to stock just clean or something bad a$$

well after i bondo the little dings up and make everything nice and smooth.. im either planing on a paint matched floor. or doing a rhino lined trunk, so it can handle the things to come in the future.. cause idk how well and how long regular paint is gonna last after tools and parts go back there. but the trunk is gonna continue to stay "gutted". and the battery will be placed back there once again. instead of behind the passenger seat where it is now.

dharding413

Keep it simple.
Reaction score
Looks good. I think the rhino liner would be a great idea, especially if you're going to be hauling tools and parts often. Plus it would just be badass :cool:

Tphong

Reaction score
Dang looks nice. I hope my trunk doesn't look like that when I take a look what's underneath the carpet.

LX_F23A1

Reaction score
Ive got a few tricks up my sleeve. Gonna make a thread of my own just so I dont jack this one. :lawl:

Back