Are coilovers worth the money?

RickyG

Reaction score
are coilovers really worth the money? I'm planning on maybe putting my car on the track in the future but would it be worth the money to buy them now or just buy lowering springs in the mean time and then go all out? opinions please.

Tek_Rice

Reaction score
it really depends on what your intended uses are..

coilovers major advantage is it offers height adjustability

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
yes they are sweet...coilovers give you the ability to dial in your look way better than springs/shocks alone can....

however if you are going into actually tracking your car....ground control coilover sleeves and koni yellows might be a better setup that will have more consistent spring rates...better quality shocks...and still enable you to adjust ride height...

Quicksilvercord

Reaction score
yes they are sweet...coilovers give you the ability to dial in your look way better than springs/shocks alone can....

however if you are going into actually tracking your car....ground control coilover sleeves and koni yellows might be a better setup that will have more consistent spring rates...better quality shocks...and still enable you to adjust ride height...

What he said. Although I still prefer coilovers.

reydio

Reaction score
Thumbs up on Ground Control with Koni Yellows, they are awesome. Pricey but worth every penny. I had them on my CRX and now I plan to put them in my Accord. Only downside is the rear shocks adjustability, you will need to remove the seats to adjust the dial.

BlackDeathV6BG

*VIP ACCORD*
Reaction score
Thumbs up on Ground Control with Koni Yellows, they are awesome. Pricey but worth every penny. I had them on my CRX and now I plan to put them in my Accord. Only downside is the rear shocks adjustability, you will need to remove the seats to adjust the dial.

Double thumbs up lol :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Coilovers are def worth it. Just buy some nice ones not some ebay cheapo's.

night-ryder

Reaction score
Yea, don't do what I did. I bought lowering springs and performance struts, and now I am stuck with a 2 inch drop, teh boat, and I want to go lower.

Coilovers FTW!!!

Back