What'd you do to your accord today?

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
^If I were you I'd pick up those extra front and rear lips, especially the front. Oem lips won't get any easier to find and if anything ever happened that made your current lip beyond repairable you'd be so relieved to have a backup. I went through that with my oem lip kit, right now I have an extra rear and sides...can't find another front.

You know who needs a set of set skirts.......

Ordered a set of RL calipers....$20/pc 30 day warranty.....

HOPEFULLY, those calipers are more than paperweights at that price.

Turns out the Aspec near me no longer has bumpers, so, no spare front/rear lip. It does still have the other parts I want, so, looking to make a run to the yard this week at some point.

We'll see if something else pops up nearby, or if 604ACCORD and I can work something out.

Good to see you are back, would like to see this TL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Well, Rob(604Accord) fortunately still has the front/rear lip, so that will be the replacements, if need be.

Need to go to the yard tomorrow at some point to pick up the parts I need from the donor TL they have there. Already confirmed the parts are still there this week, so hopefully by tomorrow, no one else scooped them up.

Thanks, Evan, glad to have a project that is actually going to be what I had originally wanted to do with the Accord, but this time, it's with a bit of a rarer platform.

Was talking to some of the guys on AZ, and Varnell as well, the downside, is that the engine internals are going to take a bit of time to gather. Have to wait until I receive the pistons to know which rod bearings I have to order.

I've got nothing but time at this point. So, gathering the parts that I need to for now, and waiting until closer to overhaul time to get the new parts.

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
Basically changed the timing belt on the J32 today, pulled it off and on different times, changed my front cam gear, pulled the crankshaft sensor and all that wiring. All while the motor was in the car on all of the mounts. I'm happy you can work around most of the stuff to get to what you need, but I just want to know how small of hands these people have to work on these all the time. It fights you in some places. My hands are very hurt lol

Brad2274

Reaction score
Hey. Hmm I have not. Still got the Montero, or your tastes changed again and you're in an E30 now... :lawl:
Yes and no! i have 2 vehicles now, the daily 4x4 for trips and adventure, and the soon to be daily 87 325e (33mpg highway). looking at a second e30 in Jacksonville for parts today hahah

https://flic.kr/p/L2K7kz https://www.flickr.com/photos/dadjokes/

Montero is still running no problem, mounting an offroad jack i have soon, doing all front suspension over winter. I'll call it done when i get big tires and an ARB bumper with winch :)

https://flic.kr/p/NKD4Cnhttps://www.flickr.com/photos/dadjokes/

I missed having decent gas mileage and the handling of the accord, but didnt want FWD or auto, and i needed something fun to tinker with, thus the e30. honestly would love another accord coupe when i have the space.

Varnell

Reaction score
Nice to see you still modding some clean rides, Brad. I spent weeks talking myself out of buying a mint '91 E30 5spd convertible with a brand new interior. I'd drive that Montero around any day! I'm sure it gets tons of attention.

phi1542

Reaction score
Not all done today but the car was finished today. Today I installed a new shock on my rear coilover. Fixed the clunking noise I had. Free replacement from ISC but had to pay 30 bucks shipping to ship old one back.... Installed short shifter and since the interior was taken apart I replaced the SRS unit while I was there because I have a SRS light. I still have the SRS light on but my 99 V6 leather seats don't have air bags so that's why too. I read on here that if you put in a 3ohm resistor it will fix that so I'll try that. Installed some nice sport pedals too. RSX steering wheel. Interior is looking nice if I do say so myself haha

f48a404a22d37fa41fe50e5610d9953e.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Back