Go Back   6th Gen Accord DIY and Performance Forums > The Showroom > Members Rides

Members Rides Show it off and get some feedback from fellow Accord owners

Register to remove these ads

Old 06-24-2017, 09:15 PM
Points: 2,090, Level: 12 Points: 2,090, Level: 12 Points: 2,090, Level: 12
Activity: 56% Activity: 56% Activity: 56%

capsidx is somewhat reliable
Re: Frankensteins Official Thread

Originally Posted by Connie View Post
Yeah man really digging the light, makes me want to add one in mine, too!

Those damn driver's seats always wear like that; first the bolster goes then the seam in the middle on the bottom cushion next. I only have one good driver's seat out of my 4 6th gens, lol. But the bolsters on the later coupes are awesome. Such a better seat than the earlier cars.

The seat in worst condition, Connie's, is by far the comfiest one in any of my Accords, though.
Thanks , appreciate it brother ! Yea, leather seems to wear way faster than fabric. When I had fabric seats I never had to worry about anything scratching the seats, now I have to check my pockets and arse to make sure I don't have any sharp objects hanging from my pants. It kind of sucks. But I'll go to the junkyard and grab a few more seats.
Originally Posted by Iwant Type R View Post
I better not walk outside to find out this was my card u posted with some green house paint
It looks that way doesn't it 😂. I pride myself on the regular/ghetto looking outside because all my money goes to parts and upgrades rather than paint and wheels lol. Green interior paint would be great because touch up work would be cheap as hell lol

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk
Old 06-24-2017, 09:20 PM

Update: fixed the center light. Was going blind from the bare light bulb so I decided to make a small cover that still illuminated the console but didn't give me eye cancer. I decided to go all out and spend a whole 0 dollars and ended up cutting a screw on screwdriver cap in half and permatexing it on. Color matches the console and looks pretty good. Also got a new autometer oil pressure gauge since my last one exploded and spit oil on my dash. I was losing almost a quart a trip through that gauge. Also got a cheap Bosch temperature gauge which gets replace very soon since it got stuck on day 1 before I even installed it .

Old 06-26-2017, 08:38 PM

Update: Went to the junkyard and pulled black 01 TL carpet and muffler tip. Everything fit for the most part and I like the result. I'll keep posting updates as they happen.

Last edited by capsidx; 07-16-2017 at 08:39 PM.
Old 08-09-2017, 10:34 PM

Frankensteins Official Thread

Frankensteins motor officially went. Missed 4th and hit 2nd at about 100. Car showed no signs of any damage until about a month later. Managed to get lucky at the junkyard and find the ONLY prelude si they had. Got an h23a with trans (non vtec). I was cleaning off the motor at home when I realized the motor had a jasper engine sticker. Turns out the motor was a re manufactured motor made in 09. I knew something was up because of how clean the valves and head were. Looks like I got a brand new motor that was barely broken in and a good transmission for 400 out the door. I'll post pics of the swap after I find a garage to do it in lol. .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by capsidx; 08-09-2017 at 10:40 PM.
Old 08-09-2017, 10:39 PM
Points: 2,392, Level: 13 Points: 2,392, Level: 13 Points: 2,392, Level: 13
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

NSWDoc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by capsidx View Post
Frankensteins motor officially went. Missed 4th and hit 2nd at about 100. Car showed no signs of any damage until about a month later. Managed to get lucky at the junkyard and find the ONLY prelude si they had. Got an h23a with trans (non vtec). I was cleaning off the motor at home when I realized the motor had a jasper engine sticker. Turns out the motor was a re manufactured motor made in 09. I knew something was up because of how clean the valves and head were. Looks like I got a brand new motor that was barely broken in and a good transmission for 400 out the door. I'll post pics of the swap after I find a garage to do it in lol. .

Old 09-02-2017, 05:09 PM

H23 is officially in. Missing a few critical pieces but the initial startup should be rather soon. Motor was put in with a hoist, in the rain up a hill of mud and grass. Needless to say it was well worth it. I was fortunate enough to find just about every part on the prelude I took this motor out of including the resistor box. Wiring was straightforward but I'm good at wiring so this was never an issue. For the most part the wires are well hidden but this is far from a photo shoot tuck. Just wanted an engine bay with a motor and trans.

Old 09-08-2017, 07:04 AM

Update: Started on the wiring and realized it would be easier to re-wire the entire engine bay. This means pulling every wire back through the firewall, making new harness wraps and individually sending each harness out into the engine bay. This provides a clean ďwire freeĒ look and generally makes things easier to work on as you have access to each individual wire and the full length of it.

I also received my Ecu and obd1 jumper harness. The entire jumper had to be repinned so the f23 harness would correspond with all the h23 Ecu pins. The fuse box was also relocated inside the cabin to make yet even more available space. I will post more pictures with the wiring is more complete. Yes I used a lint roller because I was too lazy to buy masking tape lol

Old 09-08-2017, 11:51 AM
Be a better driver

Points: 71,093, Level: 82 Points: 71,093, Level: 82 Points: 71,093, Level: 82
Activity: 46% Activity: 46% Activity: 46%

RedRyder has their shit togetherRedRyder has their shit togetherRedRyder has their shit togetherRedRyder has their shit togetherRedRyder has their shit togetherRedRyder has their shit together
Member Photo Albums

Nice work with the new motor, that wiring would give me chills ha. Hope it all falls into place for you.
Old 09-08-2017, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post
Nice work with the new motor, that wiring would give me chills ha. Hope it all falls into place for you.

Thanks haha. Iím very adept at wiring so rewiring the engine bay is a cake walk. Just a lot of cross referencing between the prelude and the accord. My only real problem is hunting for parts as the dealer told me the prelude is discontinued and they donít carry a majority of the parts.

Old 09-08-2017, 02:33 PM

Update: fuse box has been wired into cabin with the exception of the alternator and battery wires. I removed the entire engine harness so I can selectively move each harness accordingly and choose more direct paths to the sensors.