New Project: S14 w/ RB25DET swap + R33 parts

Metalp3n

Reaction score
So - been a bit since an update here. Let's start with the research I have done and what's going on right now. The front suspension is about 80% of the way to being assembled. The car came with some K-Sport coil overs that I will use - so the R33 suspension and the 240sx stock suspension will be going for sale. (yay! money to fund moar purchases detailed later)

The R33 front is significantly wider than the S14; and the S14 body lines don't really go at all with the R33 front end - so the front end cosmetics are up for sale as-well. This also means that this really cool side mount intercooler is going up for sale as-well:

hA5Jzuf.jpg

What this ALSO means is that I will need a FMIC; and completely new IC piping ($$).

Now, the same concept of "R33 is much ****ing wider" applies to the interior - so stock 240SX interior it is.

Overall I'll clean everything up; restore as much of it as possible; and try to go for a clean OEM+ look with the car inside/out.

Now onto the motor. That's being ripped apart and cleaned. Ordered new OEM gaskets for it (http://www.ebay.com/itm/231195948180) and hopefully will get it dropped in within a couple of weeks.

I'm going to need to get new axles to utilize the R33 differential - so there's about another $500. Luckily the R33 rear subframe bolts right into the 240 - so that's pretty awesome.

The R33 brakes are a direct fit as-well; which is awesome because the car has no other brake parts supplied with it.

Oh hey look - JDM!
C3Q7rDu.jpg

I will end up using the R33 steering wheel though:
48iC1Ld.jpg

Hi JDM motor!
Djn7Aix.jpg

Back