DC Sports or XSPower Headers?

matt10084

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with either of these for the j30a1 v6?

I have a '99 accord coupe, v6 and considered getting them. $350 for DC Sports and $260 for the XSPower.

Any gains or difference?

Thanks everyone!

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Read the product review thread on headers.

Plenty of info on there for you to make a well-educated decision.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
No difference you would need to concern yourself with, gains with either are very minimal if at all. They're both stainless so I wonder what is with the price difference. I would use OEM gaskets though.

Last edited:

Varnell

Reaction score
All of my XS Power gaskets were blown after four months. The nice look of them was gone after a week. They still sound and function nicely for the price.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
I think I have 'Megan' headers, which may be the same crap as XS.

Mine work fine, fitment is fine, but the gaskets are blown after ~1yr.

It's getting real Honda for the head flange! IDK yet for the mid flanges. I might run homemade copper gaskets again.

lashlee

Reaction score
I had a DC header for years, though mine was the ceramic coated version. I had no complaints though I don't know if they really made a difference in power. I had a DC SR intake (and later an AEM SR) and a Greddy exhaust.

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
A few people from the Facebook group, including myself, are running xs power headers on our j swaps with no problems. I think xs power headers went through a bad batch though ... to summarize ... initially good ... bad batch. .. good again.

matt10084

Reaction score
Interesting...

Thanks for the input everyone.

To be honest though, if there's really little to no performance gain worth noting, I won't spend the money for them. Especially if blown gaskets are as common as it seems with them.

The only things I've done to this car is DC Sports CAI and removed the end mufflers. Gives a subtle/non-ricey exhaust note.

Just kinda sucks there's not many cost-effective applications for squeezing some good power out of the J30A1..

Last edited:
Back