J35 manual

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Thanks man! I'm considering just going the auto route now as well when the stock trans dies on me. How long did the swap take you?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

The swap took my mechanic a number of weeks, because of various issues that came up and of course other work that came in the shop.

Part of the issue was using a US ECU on a Canadian car, and then other hiccups.

Once that all was sorted out, it was good.

Really could be done in a weekend or two, if you have the tools/friends/know-how to diy.

The next time around for me, should go much smoother, because now we know what is needed and the donor car already has the important stuff(engine harness/ECU) required.

WHEEELMAN

Reaction score
Pretty sure you can pair any J35/J37 with the J35 TL 6spd.

Technically, NO.

The bellhousing changed in 2007 for the Acura, so if you use a J35A3 with a 2007 and later Acura manual tranny, it will not bolt up w/o modification (Adapter Plate, maybe a longer drive shaft(yeah, I don't know the right term here) from the tranny to engine(?), etc).

Not so sure on the Hondas, I think the bellhousing stayed the same for the 7th gen (03-07) manual.

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
Technically, NO.

The bellhousing changed in 2007 for the Acura, so if you use a J35A3 with a 2007 and later Acura manual tranny, it will not bolt up w/o modification (Adapter Plate, maybe a longer drive shaft(yeah, I don't know the right term here) from the tranny to engine(?), etc).

Not so sure on the Hondas, I think the bellhousing stayed the same for the 7th gen (03-07) manual.

What he said ... on top of that, the J37s only mate to an AWD 6MT tranny.

Sino

Reaction score
The automatic AWD TLs use the J37 as well.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
The automatic AWD TLs use the J37 as well.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I think you missed the point I was trying to make. I am not saying AWD J37 use only MT.

What I'm saying is that the only MT that goes with a J37 is of the AWD variety.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I haven't seen anyone do a swap with an auto tranny with anything above a J35.

So, J36, J37, there are of course manual tranny options, just have to do your research for what it will take to get it done in the 6GA.

Dnguyen211

Reaction score
So what all would I need to swap a j35 engine with the auto tranny into my car? I was thinking the 01 oddy engine perhaps? And will it be a direct bolt up to the original mount locations?

Back