Manifold swap?

White6GAV6

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knew of an intake manifold swap that was either a direct swap or relatively easy to make fit that is slimmer/thinner than the stock j30 manifold? Raised my motor and now I am running into an issue with the hood not clearing.

Any ideas on what manifold might work?

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knew of an intake manifold swap that was either a direct swap or relatively easy to make fit that is slimmer/thinner than the stock j30 manifold? Raised my motor and now I am running into an issue with the hood not clearing.

Any ideas on what manifold might work?

I know I'm just guessing here, but since the J37 Intake Manifold makes the J32 fit in our chassis without having to space the subframe or the hood, maybe it could work on the J30

White6GAV6

Reaction score
Yeah I've read about that. But I don't think that the j37 manifold fits the j30. Something about the runners are too small

WHEEELMAN

Reaction score
you could use the J32A2 or J35A3/A4 lower runners with that 2009 3.7 TL SH AWD Magnesium intake manifold. Those lower runners will bolt up to your J30A1 heads.

But, your J30A1 injectors will not mount into the 3.2/3.5 lower runners. You would need the injectors from the 3.2/3.5 litre.

There is no other "slimmer" manifold that you can use. Maybe you should consider dropping the engine and just raising your car a little bit. I know you kids nowadays like to slam the living sh*t out of your rides to the ground, but at some point you gotta compromise.

White6GAV6

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. So the j37 is the slimmest? Do you happen to know how much slimmer than the j30 it is? Would swapping the j32 runners and injectors be a complicated thing to do, or is it pretty easy?

Yeah I know a lot of people find it silly. I think it's pretty cool and I like pushing the limits of it. Its not for everyone. I'm just looking to do it right and take some precautions so I don't completely destroy everything.

Again, thanks for the info.

WHEEELMAN

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. So the j37 is the slimmest? Do you happen to know how much slimmer than the j30 it is? Would swapping the j32 runners and injectors be a complicated thing to do, or is it pretty easy?

Yeah I know a lot of people find it silly. I think it's pretty cool and I like pushing the limits of it. Its not for everyone. I'm just looking to do it right and take some precautions so I don't completely destroy everything.

Again, thanks for the info.

Slimmest I know of.

Runners seem to be straightforward. Remove bolts, then remove runners.

Can't comment on swapping out injectors.

surely you know someone on this site that has access to Alldata.com, so you can reference the process of swapping out this stuff.

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
J37 IM is almost an inch shorter ... minimum 3/4" since I didn't have to lower the subframe by that amount when swapping in the j32a2

White6GAV6

Reaction score
Slimmest I know of.

Runners seem to be straightforward. Remove bolts, then remove runners.

Can't comment on swapping out injectors.

surely you know someone on this site that has access to Alldata.com, so you can reference the process of swapping out this stuff.

Unfortunately, I do not.

J37 IM is almost an inch shorter ... minimum 3/4" since I didn't have to lower the subframe by that amount when swapping in the j32a2

Is the j32 manifold the same thickness as the j30?

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is the j32 manifold the same thickness as the j30?

I think it's J32 IM > J30 IM > J37 IM ... I'm about 80% sure ...

For more definitive answers I suggest you check out the j32a forums or joint the J engine group on Facebook. .. they know their *****

White6GAV6

Reaction score
Yeah I think that is correct from what I've seen. So the j37 IM would bolt right up to the j32a2 without changing anything else? Interesting :hmm:

Back