Rear Inner tire wear

001Stunna

Reaction score
Why do you need a camber kit? It's not necessary. You will be fine with a simple alignment and having them set the toe to 0. Toe eats tires and does more damage than camber, unless you have demon camber. My car is 2.5-3 inches from the floor, with the camber kit, just the toe set to 0, and my tires have been just fine.

My concern would be how bad the suspension is and if is all alright. Quite frankly, if you yourself do not know too much about suspension, I wouldn't even give this the time of the day because then you are just buying someone else's problem with out the slightest clue on how to fix it.

Why do you need to lower a car? Its not necessary. You'll be fine with a stock height car
Why do you need winter tires? Its not necessary. You'll be fine with all seasons.

FYI: Irregular toe usually causes feathering on the tire, exessive camber will wear only the inner part of the tire.

Please inform yourself before informing others.

tirecare-pic1.jpg

tips_photo-21.jpg

RV_Tires_1.jpg

scanlessfool

Reaction score
Why do you need to lower a car? Its not necessary. You'll be fine with a stock height car
Why do you need winter tires? Its not necessary. You'll be fine with all seasons.

What is your point with these statements as I do not see the relevance between them and the topic at hand :thinking:

FYI: Irregular toe usually causes feathering on the tire, exessive camber will wear only the inner part of the tire.

Please inform yourself before informing others.

Everyone keeps telling the OP to get a camber kit where as I am saying it isn't necessary. The problem could be as simple as the car having a bad alignment thus the reason for the uneven wear. If the OP would get that corrected, then the problem could be resolved. I don't believe he mentioned if he knew whether or not he received confirmation from the owner in regards to if it was or wasn't once the suspension was put on. Even then, a car can easily come out of alignment in between when the car was first taken in and now. Guess what, if he did take it to get corrected, you know what else would be corrected, toe. See the relevance.

001Stunna

Reaction score
What is your point with these statements as I do not see the relevance between them and the topic at hand :thinking:
My point is many things aren't necessary, but they can be useful...ie. camber kit. Don't see how that wasn't all the way out there to be comprehended though:thinking:

Everyone keeps telling the OP to get a camber kit where as I am saying it isn't necessary. The problem could be as simple as the car having a bad alignment thus the reason for the uneven wear. If the OP would get that corrected, then the problem could be resolved. I don't believe he mentioned if he knew whether or not he received confirmation from the owner in regards to if it was or wasn't once the suspension was put on. Even then, a car can easily come out of alignment in between when the car was first taken in and now. Guess what, if he did take it to get corrected, you know what else would be corrected, toe. See the relevance.

True the car can have a bad alignment, but as i'm sure you know camber in our cars is not factory changeable. So when he does go in for a re-alignment which i agree he should along with making sure all tires are at the appropriate cold psi beforehand...all they(the shop) will be able to change is his toe. So now the toe is set to spec but the camber issue is not resolved still...get my point???
He mentioned the car has tokico blues and is lowered...and that he believes a kit is needed if the car is lowered more then 1-2 inches. Putting 2 and 2 together one can understand that the car in question then is probably lowered more then 2".
In addition, YES toe eats tires way faster then camber does. His description of the wear however doesn't sound like toe wear, it sounds like CAMBER wear.

Shall i keep going? or do you see the relevance?

scanlessfool

Reaction score
My point is many things aren't necessary, but they can be useful...ie. camber kit. Don't see how that wasn't all the way out there to be comprehended though:thinking:

Had you said this in the beginning, instead of beating around the bush, then yes, it is fully comprehensible. See how much easier it is when you are clear :)

001Stunna;839763True the car can have a bad alignment said:
I get what you are saying, but I am saying from experience that a camber kit isn't always necessary. A little camber is not going to hurt anyone. Now, if the OP wants OEM specifications at his current ride height, then yes, he would need one, but like I said, not having one is not a big deal.

To the OP, both the member quoted and myself feel that a car would benefit from an alignment, so if you do end up buying the vehicle, do that first and go from there. With that being said, while you are at it, since it seems as if this is a concern of yours, you might as well ask the current owner if he ever got an alignment and if so, if he can provide a specs sheet.

eksine

Reaction score
I have this problem too. inside corner of rear tires are unevenly worn. even the service guy at honda said I need a camber kit. my 2001 accord lx v6 is not "slammed" or lowered, it's stock. this isn't just a problem with lowered cars. get the ingalls over the SPC ones. it has 2 arms for camber and toe. in case you need toe or if your car need 2 arm adjustment just to do camber because of the way the suspension is designed. if it was a simple design I think there would be an arm exactly at the bottom to ajust camber and an arm exactly at the front to adjust toe. both of which would be exactly in the centerline of the rotors. but in the real world I think the arms are offset on the axis for whatever reason. I'm not an engineer

wsdrummer06

Reaction score
I have this problem too. inside corner of rear tires are unevenly worn. even the service guy at honda said I need a camber kit. my 2001 accord lx v6 is not "slammed" or lowered, it's stock. this isn't just a problem with lowered cars. get the ingalls over the SPC ones. it has 2 arms for camber and toe. in case you need toe or if your car need 2 arm adjustment just to do camber because of the way the suspension is designed. if it was a simple design I think there would be an arm exactly at the bottom to ajust camber and an arm exactly at the front to adjust toe. both of which would be exactly in the centerline of the rotors. but in the real world I think the arms are offset on the axis for whatever reason. I'm not an engineer

I think in your case its all toe. My car in dropped over 3 inches and they do get camber wear but its slower than you think. Once i got my toe zeroed in the wear is soooo minimal.

Back