THE Exhaust Review Thread

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
Brand & model: Megan Racing universal muffler
Price paid and from where: less then $100, forgot from where
Pros: looks good, sounds pretty decent
Cons: real loud the way i had it set up...2.5" piping from the cat back to the muffler, no resonator.
Final verdict: the way i had it set up, i ended up putting the silencer back in it, it got annoying after a while and droned on the highway. but im sure it would sound ALOT better with a resonator.

Tip.jpg

silencer.jpg

muffler.jpg

piping.jpg

ComptechV6

Reaction score
Brand & model: Comptech Catback
Price paid and from where: 1200 RCT
Cons:Clean set up. Sounds Nice
Final verdict: I love it it look stock but sounds nice

inspired1

High Society
Reaction score
Model: A'pexi WSII
Paid: $300 Used
Pros: Great performance muffler. Good gains throughout the powerband.
Cons: More quiet than I was hoping for. I like having a bit more sound. But this might not be a con for others.
Final Verdict: Like NASOHC said, great exhaust system.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Megan Racing Headers with Ypipe and catless cat
price:250$ shipped ebay
Pros-Gained a little low end and a-lot of Mid.High end didnt change(stock exhaust).Sounds super sweet at WOT(with a CAI)
Cons:Stainless steel produces a lot of heat without exhaust wraps or heat sheild =(
Final Verdict-Had it on for the past year and 8kMiles, car still pulls nice, especially on the highways. I average 33mpg on the freeway. No leaks, Good product for the money.

1slosedan

Reaction score
Brand & model: Megan headers. 2.25 " custom single exhaust with no resonator/ Apexi ws2 muffler.
Price paid and from where: I can't remember the place I bought them, around 250 for the headers, 150 for the catback, around 200 for the muffler.
Pros: Good performance gain.
Cons: Drones, little high pitched at higher RPMs
Final verdict: I would do it again :)

truonghthe

Reaction score
Brand & Model: XSPower header
Price paid and from where: XS-Power.com (thank for DV8) paid $130 shipped to my door :)
Pros: Good performance gain on top end
Cons: Non (currently out of stock)
Final verdict: Not bad for a $130 for a header (basically its a knock off version of comptech) I would recomend this for all of V6 folks.

Brand & model: Magnaflow catback exhaust system (factory direct replacement)
Price paid and from where: Eraceparts.com, Paid $538 free shipping with UPS ground (thank to some member in this forum)
Pros: If you are not looking for a coffe can muffler and don't want to get special attention from cop (I got pull over twice and cop didn't borther me at all about that Magnaflow). I like the quite deep tone from 1.5K RPM to 4K RPM, not too loud but you can feel the gain on top end performace. Tuck nice in OEM bumper without sticking out, direct fit no modification needed, I love it get alittle louder when it cold out.
Cons: It kinda pricey for the ricer out there compare to their $25 AutoZone special fart can.
Final Verdict: I like the deep tone not loud noise, I think the Apexi WS-II is better but more $$$

Here is a short video of the catback exhaust+header+SRI.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHYQLbUxJIQ

And a pic from the rear

IMG_1166-1.jpg

Lxcord

Banned
Reaction score
Brand & model: Hooker Universal Single-Axle-back Muffler with custom single exhaust conversion and pre-muffler removal.

Price paid and from where: $75 installed for Hooker muffler, single exhaust piping, pre-muffler replaced with straight pipe.(local muffler shop)

Pros: Deep authoritative growl at start-up, quiet during cruise

Cons: did not get SS finish, may just paint muffler flat black

Final verdict: def worth the price, my car is a V6 and has the single exhaust conversion, and the hooker muffler adds a pleasing tone, plus my car looks like a 4-banger, lol. I recommend all V6 owners ditch their duals, and go single.

hok-21004hkr_w.jpg

Last edited:

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
Customer Exhaust.
Custom 2.5in Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust
Magnaflow Resonator
Otto Racing Exhaust Muffler

Pro's
Nice deep sound at idle
Cheap, reliable

Cons
NONE

Price
$375
Includes, resonator, muffler, piping

click here for vid

simon_y

Reaction score
Brand & model: Apexi WS II Cat Back Exhaust
Price paid and from where: $350.00 Brand New from Option JDM in Toronto
Pros: Direct Bolt on, Perfect fit and finish, everythings included.
Cons: Only Muffler is stainless steel, piping is mild steel.
Final verdict: Great muffler for the price. I was looking for something that had great performance and was not loud and attracted attention, and I found it. It also has a nice deep tone when your start it up.

legendaryyaj

Reaction score
Model:HKS Sport
Paid: $250 used
Pros: Sounds awesome and it's HKS!
Cons: Driver's side hangs lower than passenger side. It's a defect from what ive researched. It's also only an axleback.
Final Verdict: Sounds great but looks weird because of the mismatched hanging mufflers.

Model: Greddy EVO 2
Total Paid: $450 used
Pros: Sounds great and I love the look.
Cons: It's straight garbage for $1000+new. The mufflers blew out from use. No point in having a SS exhaust that blows out. Spent money on Greddy because it was said that ebay cheapo mufflers blow out. Looks like Greddy's on that rank too.
Final Verdict: Looks awesome and sounds awesome but it's way overpriced. $500 for the dual option garbage! Yikes! That's another full setup. Buy used kids. Not new.

Back