Driver door locks randomly

eksine

Reaction score
Hey I've got a weird problem, the electric door locks on my 2001 Honda Accord 4 door LX v6 randomly locks itself on the front driver's side door. Mostly it locks the instant that I shut the door. Many times it just locks itself while I'm driving or some other random time. The randomness is why I do not think it's the remote key fob or some kind of security auto lock feature because the time is random and it doesn't always do it, plus I don't even have the key fob, I never had a remote fob. this problem showed up like a month ago. I replaced the actuator and the problem has gotten better but it still does it , just the symptoms are less frequent. Before I replaced the actuator many times when I tried to open the driver side door with the key as soon as I tried to pull on the handle to open the door it would lock itself instantly but the door would be partway open like an inch but it would be locked, it was weird. It would also instantly lock the door while I was inside and I tried to pull on the handle to open the door , the door would be Parkway open like an inch but locked and trap me inside the car, I think the key was still in the ignition too so that was weird

I don't want to just keep replacing parts. I think instead of just the actuator I should have replaced the door lock that the actuator was attached to. I'm guessing there was some kind of sensor in the door lock and its going crazy, or maybe its the door switch but I thought I was just an on/off switch so I don't get how that could make the problems that I have. My next guess is it's got to be the door lock control module computer.

Does anybody know what's causing the problem without me having to replace every part?

Back