H22 Swap

2002CG3coupe

Reaction score
Euro-R manifold does not cause any fitment problems. Physically dropping the Euro-R motor in a 6GA is the same as any other H series motor. I believe that it's the F20B that drops in without the modification of the driver side mount but I could be wrong. Driver side mount and P/S need small amount of fabrication to work. There is little re-wiring but even so it was somewhat a pain in the *** with the lack of pin-out diagrams/schematics. This is especially true when your trying to use the OEM ECU and remain OBD2.

Agreed :coffee:

CRC'sCG3

Reaction score
Weird question for you guys would a euro r tranny and manifold bolt up properly to a type S prelude engine? Euro R seems like more of a hassle to swap but the tranny's gearing is better. And the manifold is geared more for top end. So are all these arts interchangeable? Would they throw any codes or problems? Also anyone have any experience with hondata and the prelude type s motor?

2002CG3coupe

Reaction score
Weird question for you guys would a euro r tranny and manifold bolt up properly to a type S prelude engine? Euro R seems like more of a hassle to swap but the tranny's gearing is better. And the manifold is geared more for top end. So are all these arts interchangeable? Would they throw any codes or problems? Also anyone have any experience with hondata and the prelude type s motor?

Yes the trans and manifold built up, and the manifold is know for it low to mid range power, which is, imo, perfect for a street tuned vehicle. I use a p28 ecu, since it doesn't have the iab installed (even with a p72 you can remove it from the ecu) and hondata is overrated there are many options out there that are way better.

CRC'sCG3

Reaction score
I guess it's the same about everything really some people will say hondata is amazing some will say it all depends on the tuner and some will say hondata is over rated. what would you guys recommend? Who is running what? If anyone here is running the type s motor I'd appreciate your input as well. Just trying to learn as much as I can.

CRC'sCG3

Reaction score
Anyone know a reputable shop in the south that could do the swap? King motorsports said they could do the swap but they are way up north and seem to take forever to respond. But paying for an engine , trans and still shipping it all there and back will cost an arm and a leg. Can anyone point me to a closer quality shop? I'm in new Orleans louisiana

Drift

Reaction score
where the hell have you been? anything new?

Ive been working and racing!

I crashed the silver M3 during a hillclimb in 2011 and spent the winter building up a 4 door E36 with all the M3 parts that I had left over. (the silver one only suffered from body damage, nothing mechanical was damaged).

107otol.jpg

The car got gutted and I removed all the sound deadening and all the extra wires that were no longer needed.

72tyk0.jpg

141mxia.jpg

259d0li.jpg

I have so many pics of the car now.

Back