new speaker recomendations

dametalone

Reaction score
I want to get some new speakers for my 02 coupe. I dont want to go all out and get amp/subs but some decent speakers would be nice. I already changed out the head unit and i just want some recommendations on what speakers fit really well and would give me the least trouble during install. I dont want to spend anymore then $180 or so for a complete set so any suggestions would be great

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
a coax will be the easiest to install but will probably leave you wanting more (components and an amp).

the infinity "reference" series are a direct drop in but they suck. i mean the 6.5" in the front, that is. i had em for a while and even off an amp they were terrible.

where in wisconsin are you from? madison here :rock:

dametalone

Reaction score
a coax will be the easiest to install but will probably leave you wanting more (components and an amp).

the infinity "reference" series are a direct drop in but they suck. i mean the 6.5" in the front, that is. i had em for a while and even off an amp they were terrible.

where in wisconsin are you from? madison here :rock:

the Waukesha area. My brother is a DJ on 94.1 wjjo in that area. Anyways i know what im lacking without an amp/subs. ive been through that before. I had an old pair of infinity 5x7s back in the day and i liked em *shrugs*

also i know this may be a stupid question but what makes a component speaker a "component"? I know there is a tweeter but what else?

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
whos your brother? i usually dont listen to jjo but sometimes i do ;)

the components have a separate (outboard, if you will) crossover...a "box" that you hook the wire into then a speaker wire goes to each tweeter and mid. the crossovers are a lot better but they're bigger. coaxs usually have a little capacitor on them and that's their "crossover."

dametalone

Reaction score
whos your brother? i usually dont listen to jjo but sometimes i do ;)

the components have a separate (outboard, if you will) crossover...a "box" that you hook the wire into then a speaker wire goes to each tweeter and mid. the crossovers are a lot better but they're bigger. coaxs usually have a little capacitor on them and that's their "crossover."

he goes by his last name "Haas" i believe.

fastflyinaccord

Reaction score
search on Crutchfield. you can get a decent set for what you are looking to spend. I have pioneers in the rear deck and blaupunkt up front. Like the pioneers but wouldn't recommend the blaupunkt

dametalone

Reaction score
search on Crutchfield. you can get a decent set for what you are looking to spend. I have pioneers in the rear deck and blaupunkt up front. Like the pioneers but wouldn't recommend the blaupunkt

i was looking on Crutchfield last night, their selection is good but prices are really high. I was using Crutchfiled to look up models and amazon had some of their stuff literally have the price

4NDR3W_6THG3N

Reaction score
Wow... whats up with all these wisconsinites here??? Im in Brookfield! I bought my motegi rims in madison! and I go to school with a Mark Haas.
:squintwave:

Namboyz

Reaction score
go with components=) pioneer sounds good. image dynamics sounds reallly good too. it all depends on your budget really. i'd go in depth with info i could share but without knowing what your capable of doing yourself i dont wanna say too much.

Back