Installing an intake on a 4cyl

cliffsta

Reaction score
Noob question:

I just bought an SRI... do I remove the resonator box, too? I just saw a pic of someone's SRI and it totally looked like the resonator box was still sitting beneath the filter of the intake... which made no sense, but I'm an idiot with these cars, so IDK?

cliffsta

Reaction score
So remove the entire factory air intake ducting? Intake box and the resonator beneath it? Gotya.

dynasty

Reaction score
NO! just remove the resonator! haha. if you removed the whole intake, i bet you get the most hp out of your engine but it won't last long!

cliffsta

Reaction score
No i meant everything before the T.B... the tubes, the filter box, and the resonator. sorry I'm stll getting used to this fancy fuel injection thing... my last intake was an Edelbrock 2701 and it definately was "after" the carburetor in the intake system... yeah.

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
i pulled everything out, resonator box and all. i just put mine in yesterday so long-term i cant vouch for any problems, but it sounds wicked as hell

jbuff

Reaction score
No i meant everything before the T.B... the tubes, the filter box, and the resonator. sorry I'm stll getting used to this fancy fuel injection thing... my last intake was an Edelbrock 2701 and it definately was "after" the carburetor in the intake system... yeah.

yes you are correct....its a bit of a bitch to get out, but its not neccessary

jess

waccord99

Reaction score
how exactly do u take it out i put a new intake on my car today but i didnt take out the box because i didnt know how.......im guessing i have to take off the front bumper or something

Back