Rear Inner tire wear

iii76

Reaction score
Over the weekend I went to see a 98 accord coupe, h22a, euro r tranny, etc etc etc, and one problem is stopping me from buying - the rear inner sides of the tires are worn. Totally uneven wear.

Could this be a camber problem? toe??

all help is appreciated

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
That wear can be fixed easy enough. But I wouldn't buy someone else's project car, unless I knew the owner or the guy who did the work personally.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
It's a camber problem.

Sounds like the car had an aggressive drop and he didn't bother to get a camber kit to avoid that issue.

Could be an indication of other things that may have been neglected/a reuslt of cutting corners as well.

iii76

Reaction score
it is lowered on blues, not too sure about the springs though. i know purchasing a correction kit is king as soon as you lower more than an inche.

no corners have been cut, swapped by an import shop in toronto, all pro done, besides the camber'ing :p

thanks for the help Red/Syk :crazyrun:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Like said above, it’s a camber issue, which is easily corrected with a kit or raising the car a bit. If the wear is very bad, I’m guessing the car is either slammed with no camber kit (or the kit was adjusted to run camber), or the tires never got rotated, or something suspension-wise is out of spec and just needs adjusted/aligned.

Last edited:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Toronto, huh.....well, that's where I am from, a little more info on this car and which shop the work was done at, please?

truWarier02

Reaction score
Ask if he/she's ever been in an accident involving the rear end. That could be another reason.

But if that checks out, do what everyone on here has already said and get a camber kit/alignment.

Back